RIP Dirk Sundman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Dirk Sundman

For the past 15 years on the Sunday closest to Dia de los Muertos the Vampires Motorcycle Club has been hosting an event where the motorcycling community gathers together and hoists a glass in memory of all our friends and family who did not finish the journey home.

This year we lost a fellow motorcyclist during the event.

I was introduced to Dirk just this morning and was speaking with him at great length before the ride began, he was in good spirits and enjoying his day. He wanted to speak to me about another ride he was planning which he wanted some assistance on. He obviously had a lot of love for the sport, and intended to put back into the community. This is both a great loss to his wife and son, but also to the motorcycle and scooter community.

From the experiences of James and Dave at the scene of the accident, he did not experience any pain.

Last edited by seric; 11-02-2008, 08:58 PM.
    --
    Keith Seric Maynard
    http://www.seric.com

Thank You for the info here and on the other forums.
    Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

RIP Dirk.

To D and J and the rest of the Vampires
      I can't begin to describe what a bummer this is. Just can't. Thanks for being there for him and knowing what to do and be willing to do it.

I also want to say that I can't think of a better group of folks to ride with.
      Thanks.

Comment

Forever Two Wheels Dirk. Rev and Epim, you guys are rad for doing all you could before medical personnel arrived. It makes me proud to be part of this club. My condolences to Dirk's family.
        SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
        "- Ziad

Comment

I want you all to know how sad we all are about this accident. Dirk LOVED scooting and this is the reason his son Arjen and I (Karen) bought scooters and ride them regularly (we live in Portland OR). We only wish we could be doing more rides with him. Please know that we appreciate all the care and medical interventions that were done. I am a former ICU nurse and know how this feels to DO the CPR. Again, we appreciate this. We are still in shock but know Dirk was doing what he loved best, riding his bike.

Comment

I'm at a loss for words to express how sorry and sad I am about the loss of Dirk, the president of our club and a good friend. I didn't get along with him right away, probably because we were both opinionated, but grew to care about him deeply. He was good-hearted, generous, fun to sit around and shoot the shit with, and he could take it as well as he could dish it out. I truly respected him for what he was and how he was living his life.

I could always count on him to be willing to take a ride, even if it meant re-arranging his schedule to do so. He loved scooting.

He was also the backbone of the Vespa Club of Santa Cruz. He was always working on stuff that other members weren't necessarily aware of, and he was the glue that held the club together. I'm not sure how we'll continue without him.

Dirkie, you will be missed more than you'll ever know.

On behalf of the Vespa Club of Santa Cruz, I'd like to thank the Vampires that tried to save Dirk. I'm happy knowing that there are folks on your rides that know what to do in the case of an emergency. Thank you.

Mark

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this news.

genuinescootergirl

Comment

Karen & Arjen, please accept my sincerest condolences. I am so sad that Dirk is no longer with us. I was praying that he would pull through and was so sad when I heard the final news late last night. I hope you know that the whole club mourns the loss of Dirk alongside you. If there is anything we can to to help you get though this difficult time please do not hesitate to call on us, individually or as a group. We are here for you.
                Sincerely,
                Alicia

Comment

Working...
                X