Track Bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Bodies

I'm starting to consider new fiberglass bodywork for my bike as I slowly convert it to track use (eventually. like, next summer). I'm shopping around and it seems like every manufacture of track glass makes F4i bodies, but, some manufacturers seem better or worse then others.

Anyone have experience with different manufactures they'd care to relate? Or even a preference of brand?
    Ride More. Bitch Less.

I hear sharkskinz is one of the best because their stuff is sturdy and easily repairable. Unfortunately I don't have any kind of real experience with track bodywork yet, aside from my "Rockwall Performance" front fender.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Sharkskinz website sucks balls too... It appears they don't have a tail for an 01 f4i, only 03. I know the 03 has a different stock tail, so I'm sure the solo tail is the same way. And Sharskinz barely has any instructions on their website... I wanted to see what the install will be like. Hella spendy too.
      Ride More. Bitch Less.

Comment

Yeah, they're the most expensive of the available bodywork. Whatever you get make sure it's pre-drilled. Otherwise you get to spend an entertaining afternoon with a hand drill.
        "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

I had a friend in a Honda dealer look into doing a conversion to put the newer comfy saddle on my '01 and if I recall correctly he said the frame part # was the same but the sub frame # was different so maybe a used sub frame from a crashed bike would be a solution. I find it hard to believe the don't make them for the F4I as it is probably the most popular (prolific) bike ever sold. In fact, you are not allowed the join BARF if you have never owned one.

Try talking to a real person instead of their crappy website.
          "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
          ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten View Post
            I find it hard to believe the don't make them for the F4I as it is probably the most popular (prolific) bike ever sold. In fact, you are not allowed the join BARF if you have never owned one.

Try talking to a real person instead of their crappy website.
            WRONG,WRONG,WRONG !

you are not allowed to join BARF unless you have had an sv650

and you are not allowed to post if you have been riding longer than 6 months

but srls, the f4i is starting to get pretty old, aftermarket accessories are going to start drying up, the kids want r6 bodies holmes
            "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Working...
            X