Finding Used Bikes in Santa Cruz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Used Bikes in Santa Cruz

I'm a girl looking for a small (100-350cc) vintage (70s or older) European or Japanese street bike to ride to work - for under $1k. I have a toddler and not a lot of time, so I don't want a big project right now - it'll just end up sitting there.

In the past I've always been able to find stuff word-of-mouth, on bulleting boards, in people's garages, etc. But I haven't bought a bike since I've lived in Santa Cruz long and don't know where to begin. Are there good bulletin boards around town or other places to start my search? Of course I've been hitting the usuals online - craigslist, eBay, cycletrader, etc.

Thanks for any tips...

I have a 70's 425 that is a bit of a project, it would be well under a grand to buy, fix, register, and insure if you could do it yourself.

There is a woman named Liza (I believe that is her user-name on this forum) that has a used bike restoration project garage. Her deal is getting old bikes and teaching people how to fix them. You could try pm'ing her.

The other good source is Wayne Brown of Cycle Revolution. He has a repair shop that specializes in older bikes. Many 60's to 90's European and Japanese bikes go through there. You could pay him a visit and ask if he knows of any solid deals, 831 429 8539 his shop is located at 127 Benito ave.
    "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

I also know of an '82 Honda XR200. The owner is a very knowledgable mechanic, and he keeps very, VERY good care of his motorcycles. It is a dirt bike however, so it is tall, and I am not sure if it is plated for the street. It is in perfect mechanical shape, no doubt about it.
      "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

You can reach Liza here http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Re-...12785202092279

Vintage stuff is pretty expensive and hard to find parts for. A used Ninja 250 may fit your bill for now so you can take your time looking for and getting exactly what you want at a later date.
        "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
        ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

r u hawt?
          Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
          Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Working...
          X