Hi guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys

I was sitting at a stoplight on Capitola Road on my small red '78 Suzuki DS100, looked behind me, and one of you on an adv/large dual-sport road by me to my right, looked at my bike, gave me a nod and turned right.

That made my day, thanks.

Hey great to hear! Please check out our 21st annual rally coming up in June. Would be great to meet you. That DS100 is a plated two stroke, no?
    www.motorcyclesandmisfits.com

Comment

I saw you this mornig in capitola village, nice twostroke!.
      Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Hey cappuccino what oil do you use for mix? and at what raito 32:1,40:1?. never saw any smoke of the times I have seen ya round these parts.

Comment

Oh gosh that's so weird and awesome the people recognize me. Yeah I'm down at Mr. Toot's almost everyday, if my motorcycle is down there, I'm at the coffee shop. My best friend works there
          I usually use whatever cheap stuff they have at Orielly's, and mix it around 35-50:1. I eyeball it, pour it into my tank, then fill up with gas and shake the bike around, haha. It doesn't smoke at low RPM's, when I'm toodling around, but in the morning when I'm warming up the bike it can lay down some serious blue exhaust smoke, and when I'm hauling at 7000 rpm on straightaways my friend says it throws blue smoke, so there's that.

Yeah, the DS100 is the dirt only version of Suzuki's street legal TS series bikes, but it's got a plate, so it's 'streetlegal' too, despite, you know, not having a 2nd mirror, no turn signals, no speedo/tach/indicator lights/anything at all. I love it though. I saw the rally post, I'm totally going to try and make that!

Comment

Originally posted by Cappuccino View Post
            Oh gosh that's so weird and awesome the people recognize me. Yeah I'm down at Mr. Toot's almost everyday, if my motorcycle is down there, I'm at the coffee shop. My best friend works there
            I usually use whatever cheap stuff they have at Orielly's, and mix it around 35-50:1. I eyeball it, pour it into my tank, then fill up with gas and shake the bike around, haha. It doesn't smoke at low RPM's, when I'm toodling around, but in the morning when I'm warming up the bike it can lay down some serious blue exhaust smoke, and when I'm hauling at 7000 rpm on straightaways my friend says it throws blue smoke, so there's that.

Yeah, the DS100 is the dirt only version of Suzuki's street legal TS series bikes, but it's got a plate, so it's 'streetlegal' too, despite, you know, not having a 2nd mirror, no turn signals, no speedo/tach/indicator lights/anything at all. I love it though. I saw the rally post, I'm totally going to try and make that!
            Very cool cappuccino and hope to see you at the rally and if I see the bike I will try to stop in and chat with You @ Mr. Toot's. we also have monthly meetings that the public is welcolm to attend.

Comment

Thanks! I hope I make it too!

Comment

saw You putt by my place today in Aptos..ring ding.ding.

Comment

Hey guys, I sadly sold my Suzuki but I have an actual bike now, a red Honda CM250, which I'm super stoked about. I'm planning on coming to the rally, maybe only on Saturday, but what's this i hear about camping? where are ya planning to camp? and where is the ride going to go though?

Comment

That would spoil the fun! The ride is through the mountains and will end up at a local location. CM250 is a great bike. Congrats!

Comment

oh alright good to know, thanks! hope i'll see ya all there

Comment

Yes, please introduce yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Cappuccino View Post
                          Hey guys, I sadly sold my Suzuki but I have an actual bike now, a red Honda CM250, which I'm super stoked about. I'm planning on coming to the rally, maybe only on Saturday, but what's this i hear about camping? where are ya planning to camp? and where is the ride going to go though?
                          sorry I did not buy that bike, had I'd known but you did get a nice upgrade.

Comment

do i need to bring camping gear or anything? haha....

and yeah i had it on craigslist for a bit more than a few days, but the guy who bought is really turning it into something.

Comment

Please bring the gear you need to camp comfy for your self to the Friday event or Sat. and someone will get it to the camp site for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X