The Sportster 883 now has competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sportster 883 now has competition

The Yamaha Star Bolt has more displacement, torque and weighs 33lbs less than a 883.

I'm thinking that Yamha's aiming for the new-to-riding HD buyers who don't care so much about the HD branding and price premium that goes with it. If the price drops, they'll probably sell well. These will be cheap, easy and reliable bobber projects in a few years.

In about 3 years, I'll be expanding my garage to accommodate the gently used 2013 models. So many cool bikes coming to the market this year.

i could totally see my self ratting one of those out just to piss off the Harley douche-bags.
    SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
    "- Ziad

Comment

I don't think you would get the intended effect.

Comment

I'd rather pay the extra $9- for the Harley if I had to choose. Still not sure why they call these things "iron". Iron is heavy and weak. It wouldn't be a good selling point even if they did still use it.
        "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
        ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by moto4fun View Post
          I don't think you would get the intended effect.
          Agreed, considering the real Motor Company Kool-Aid drinkers consider the 883 Sporty to be a girl's bike & barely acknowledge its existence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten View Post
            I'd rather pay the extra $9- for the Harley if I had to choose. Still not sure why they call these things "iron". Iron is heavy and weak. It wouldn't be a good selling point even if they did still use it.
            Iron is strong as steel, I don't know what you're talking about.

Comment

I want a Scandium framed Sportster.
              --
              Keith Seric Maynard
              http://www.seric.com

Comment

My Sportster is still cooler.
                Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
                Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Working...
                X