• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aye
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

aye
      I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Right, when all else fails and I'm drawing on the walls with crayon and gnawing on someone's ankle just remember it was all Moike's idea. Here's some more details of about where I'm at, for anybody considering babysitting... BARF Newbie prattle: I done rided!

I'm originally from Central Oregon, and I've been in SF for about a year and a half. I'm a 3D animation student at the Academy of Art. I work in a video store till 5pm on weekends, and I have tons of homework so my schedule is sorta awkward. I am female, and 6', so reaching the ground is NOT a problem, but finding gear that fits IS. And the sexy biker chick factor seems to be exaggerated. (Earlier this week when I was out on the sidewalk in my leather jacket some old Italian guy was flapping his arms at me grumbling "What kind of a thing are you, anyway-- male, female, what??") With a car I can terrify Californian passengers by performing creative maneuvers on ice, change a tire, check the oil, or limp to the mechanic with no clutch if I have to, but I'm not all that wrench-handy just yet. I have been known to use a vehicle as a blunt instrument but I am generally mild-mannered and my driving record is entirely clean (my car only managed to get into trouble while I wasn't present). I started out driving stick, so my brain has been translating that to the bike fairly well. One of the things I like the most about motorcycles is their versatility, the idea of being able to do things cars can't-- especially handy in the event of a zombie apocalypse. I haven't done enough riding yet to know what I really like, but so far I'm particularly interested in stuff like dual sports and touring.

I spent about two years as a frequent DR650 passenger, took the MSF last year (missed only 2 pts on the driving test if I recall correctly, though I did fall down on the first range day), and just got an '84 Nighthawk 650 a couple weeks ago. I have less than 100 miles actual driving street practice, and the fastest I've been is about 45. I can dress and feed myself and use a grown-up potty, and I don't always stall when the light turns green. I really suck at parking.

I've met a few of you already, and seen you around at places like DNA, and some of my friends know you. Whoever has the scooter with the big fat Harley decal on it, I wanna shake your hand.

I'm aiming to show up for the April 4th event to say hi!

Comment

Leah is it? see you at the party next weekend.

I'm in Santa Cruz so probably won't see you too often.

They don't give us crayons when incarcerated here because we sharpen them with our teeth an use 'em for shanks. Comes in handy now and then.
          Last edited by Rotten; 03-27-2009, 09:54 PM.
          "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
          ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X