X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I LOVE SARAH D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Originally posted by epim
    Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
    The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Comment

The must be some hella good insurance....
      "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
      ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten View Post
        The must be some hella good insurance....

Hey!

I love what I do, and believe me I know how to do it!

It is insurance, not rocket science =) Okay now I feel like a State Farm commercial....BAH
        I am just not feeling creative this week.

Comment

I need to ask you about Professional Liability Insurance too... for the Divemaster Program. PADI is all about making all kinds of money (book here, electronic log there, PADI-approved blah blah blah here...) so They are saying I should have Liability Insurance, incase someone died on my watch as a DM in the open water or something.

Do you offer that?
          sigpic

Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by samatye View Post
            I need to ask you about Professional Liability Insurance too... for the Divemaster Program. PADI is all about making all kinds of money (book here, electronic log there, PADI-approved blah blah blah here...) so They are saying I should have Liability Insurance, incase someone died on my watch as a DM in the open water or something.

Do you offer that?
            Unless your guiding dive trips on your own..... i.e. running your own buisness....the shop you work for will be carrying that kind of coverage......look into DAN they offer the best stuff pertaining to diving.....here's a recent article about insurance coverage, PADI, and DAN........http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/ne...spx?newsid=869

Comment

What I was told was that the Instructor and Business Liability does NOT cover ME in accidents, only the business, on location, and Instructors have to carry their own.

When I'm DMing Open Water Scuba courses in the open open, I will be taking the students on "tours" after their skills. during that time, if anything happened, I am responsible, I guess.

I need to read your article though. :-)
              sigpic

Comment

When I'm DMing Open Water Scuba courses in the open open, I will be taking the students on "tours" after their skills. during that time, if anything happened, I am responsible, I guess.
                The only tours you can do as a DM are tours for divers who are already certified.

If you are taking "students" on tour then you will be accompanied and overseen by an instructor and will actually still be a student yourself (but the other students will not likely know that). The insrtuctor would be the one resposnable for all of you.

But if your like the other S's....you can never have to much insurance....=)
                Last edited by Shaman; 05-21-2009, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaman View Post
                  The only tours you can do as a DM are tours for divers who are already certified.

If you are taking "students" on tour then you will be accompanied and overseen by an instructor and will actually still be a student yourself (but the other students will not likely know that). The insrtuctor would be the one resposnable for all of you.

But if your like the other S's....you can never have to much insurance....=)
                  Insure your fine ass...just in case it goes flying off the back of my sidecar!
                  Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.

Comment

Originally posted by luckygirl View Post
                    Insure your fine ass...just in case it goes flying off the back of my sidecar!
                    that might not be a bad idea.....maybe i could have got paid for the big ol bruise on it from last weekends race.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaman View Post
                      that might not be a bad idea.....maybe i could have got paid for the big ol bruise on it from last weekends race.

Comment

What I was told was that the Instructor and Business Liability does NOT cover ME in accidents, only the business, on location, and Instructors have to carry their own.

I need to read your article though. :-)

Do you have any thing in writing that states what you need? So State Farm does not offer insurance for your particular need. I spent some time looking around and it seems a lot of people just use Vicencia & Buckly (They are PADI sponsored). Now in your situation it may be best to stick with a company like this BECAUSE this is a specialty line of insurance. If these folks are endorsed by PADI it is likely the two companies worked together to create a specific product that meets the needs of divers.
                        I also checked them out on the California DOI site. They seem very legit. I contacted them and the policy is underwritten by "Lexington" they are part of AIG. They are an A rated company BUT AIG is also in some trouble right now so their fiscal outlook is not so good. I can take some time to explain why this matters to you. If you want to take a look around and see if there is another company out there I would be happy to look at their "ratings" and complaints with the DOI.
                        I hope this helps.
                        ~Lauren

Comment

Thank you so much Sarah! I'll see you on Wednesday hopefully for bike night and we can talk about it then, but I don't think it's too important, that's what I was finding too, so I need to talk to my instructor more I think before I make you work for it. :-P
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow, I missed a lot in a week!

1. Found my new scuba instructor (been wanting to learn for a year)

2. The prospect admits getting his ass bruised in a public section of the forum yet NO ONE picks up and runs with it. so disappointing.

Comment

Just finished putting all of my MC insurance cards away. Sarah saved me 66% on my motorcycle insurance. Fuck McGraw!
                              "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Great, now I am going to be famous... or is it infamous? So Epim do you want to be my agent?

Comment

Working...
                                X