• 1200+ miles in a week on a thumper... I'm a bit sore

sunday: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,11.634521&z=7

monday: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...11,2.90863&z=9

wednesday: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...1,5.817261&z=8

thursday: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...77,2.90863&z=9

saturday (today): http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,11.634521&z=7

was a fun week though...
    Originally posted by the_grinch
    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
    Originally posted by Beauregard
    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Damm, I ride for two or so hours and my body is beat, You sir Rock!, thanks for the post and nice trip.
    Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

I suspect your 500 vibrates a bit more than my KTM.

and yeah, I'm beat after today.
      ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
      give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
        I suspect your 500 vibrates a bit more than my KTM.

and yeah, I'm beat after today.
        Not the bike just old age and tuf-n-nuf to ride in pain.

Comment

How was the weather and temps on this trip Junkie?.

Comment

Today was pretty damn nice. Taft was mid 80s when I passed through. 25 and Hollister was a bit warmer - maybe low 90s?

The way down was also a bit warmer, I remember seeing 96 in Hollister. Still not too horrible.

Comment

When I get another thumper I'll organize a high mileage ride for single cylinder bikes. It'll have a really stupid name, like the Grenader 1000. Oil changes by the campfire and no gel seats or fancy bicycle pants allowed.

Daniel is already ahead of the curve. Well done & keep up the good miles!

Comment

make it a 1000 in a day and we'll all get our Iron Butt patches! I'm sooooo down for a new patch
                SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
                "- Ziad

Comment

Originally posted by antipathy View Post
                  When I get another thumper I'll organize a high mileage ride for single cylinder bikes. It'll have a really stupid name, like the Grenader 1000. Oil changes by the campfire and no gel seats or fancy bicycle pants allowed.

Daniel is already ahead of the curve. Well done & keep up the good miles!
                  My KTM wouldn't make it down the road without exploding.
                  "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
                    My KTM wouldn't make it down the road without exploding.
                    I just figured that's why she wanted to call the ride the "Grenader 1000." In fact, you should just make it a last-man-standing ride. Now there's a patch to be proud of!
                    Apologies in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by SETHZILLA! View Post
                      make it a 1000 in a day and we'll all get our Iron Butt patches! I'm sooooo down for a new patch
                      sounds like a plan, but after the ride I'll almost certainly say something that'll cost me $1

Comment

Working...
                      X