Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In this month's AMA

American Motorycyclist, September 2004, page 51:

The strangest incident I've ever encountered, though, involved a guy who owned
    several newer motorcycles and had just purchased a vintage bike. He asked me
    to [tow] it in for repairs because it wouldn't start.

While the owner and I were at the shop, the mechanic put the key in and jumped
    on the kickstarter. The bike started right up.

"Is that where you put the key?" the owner asked.

"Yes," said the mechanic. "Where else would you put it?"

"Well, I've been putting it up here," he said, pointing to the fork lock, "and
    kicking the hell out of it. No wonder it wouldn't start."

Re: In this month's AMA

sad just plain sad

Comment

Re: In this month's AMA

Many moons ago, when I still worked in the bike sector, we had to go pick up some guys bike on a service call.
      The complaint was that his bike, which he purchased used from us earlier that week stopped running.
      I met him at a local gas station where he and the bike were sitting. He explained that as soon as he filled up with Supreme Unleaded the bike just quit. I asked him where he got the gas.
      That's when he pointed and said "Over there on the GREEN pump". Once back in our shop, we drained all the "green supreme" from his tank and carbs, then refilled with real gas.
      Once the bike turned over, it smoked like a chimney for ten minutes straight!

Comment

Working...
      X