Exhaust Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust Pipe

My buddy is getting the 04 Mille Factory and I need to enhance my 03 to keep up!
    First thing, getting a lighter and noisier pipe! I should gain a few horsepowers..
    Now which one to pick? I know there is a bunch of Mille riders here so what did you put on yours? Did it require a new chip? re-mapping?.. cost?..

Re: Exhaust Pipe

kind of a pricey upgrade. lift the fuel cap, slide in a honda. replace the fuel cap to fit. just kiddin' bro...

Comment

It doesn't matter how many horses you have. It matters whose legs they are between.

;D

Comment

Touche OK how about making the bike lighter especially close to the wheel level...

Comment

Originally posted by French Mille-R Lover
          Touche OK how about making the bike lighter especially close to the wheel level...

Close to wheel level.... Well... I guess you could always toss the rotors and calipers.

Seriously tho', are the '03/'04 models *that* much of a difference in weight? The pipe is a good place to start but so is knocking off fatty foods and going on a diet but who the hell is going to do *that* to improve their riding technique?

Comment

hahaha Lonnie you crack me up. The differences are actually pretty huge between the 03 and 04 (they changed everything on the bike) but let's forget the weight issue, how about that fact that my engine is breathing through a straw with that pipe? Thise CA rules are a little too strict.
            There is another reason why I would be reluctant to change the pipe. When trying to sell the bike I realized there are two classes of buyers. The ones who want all the cool after market parts and the ones who want the exact stock model. Maybe I should keep it like that, just in case of I need to sell it in the future.
            Anyhow. I also need a new helmet, so maybe that should come first!

Originally posted by Goose

Close to wheel level.... Well... I guess you could always toss the rotors and calipers.  

Seriously tho', are the '03/'04 models *that* much of a difference in weight? The pipe is a good place to start but so is knocking off fatty foods and going on a diet but who the hell is going to do *that* to improve their riding technique?

Comment

That is an important aspect to consider. Lot's of foolios try to sell their bikes at way over Blue Book because they think they are more valuable for having expensive aftermarket parts on them. They are wrong. Aftermarket parts do not increase the value at all unless they seller is lucky enough to stumble upon a gullible fellow foolio with more cash than common sense.

Comment

The sound of Intelligence,Goose. Most folks don't take that in for what it's worth.

Comment

Especially when you know a full Akrapovic dual titanium exhaust system costs $1600... Maybe I ll just get a new helmet

Comment

Originally posted by French Mille-R Lover
                    Especially when you know a full Akrapovic dual titanium exhaust system costs $1600... Maybe I ll just get a new helmet

See. the chances are the buyer will look at that and scowl and think "Damn! I wanted the dual C/F Renegade pipes like Andrew has."

Put the stock gear back on and sell your upgrades on eBay.

Comment

I thought about that.. but you have to re-do the mapping etc don't you?.. Oh well, I don't really need it. A helmet is a much wiser purchase, or maybe a scooter for Shannon! ;D

Comment

mr. b has a nice '89 honda cbr600f for sale..... you can pay me $2000, ill make sure he gets what he diserves.....

Comment

Working...
                        X