Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I got my Zen

Originally posted by u_cant_prove_it
    yeah on the catwalk, on the catwalk yeah, I do my little turn on the catwalk, yeah ...................
    I shake my little toosh on the catwalk, yeah.....................
    Right says Eric

Comment

Can I see that.................. Come on Eric you promised last time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortRound
        Can I see that.................. Come on Eric you promised last time.

........you and me baby aint nothing but mamals,
        lets do it like they do on the Discovery channel.........
        Sex, the kind you clean up with a mop and bucket..............
        You Suck

Comment

Your so kind to me ;D

Comment

Wearin' high heel sneekers, and acting like a Quuuuueeen

Nice to you? you dont call any more- no flowers- no headless chickens on my doorstep- nothing! You disappear, then pop back up, no new cool name, no bullet hole scars (no Keith, yours dont count) and you thinks its all good? Whats the deal Andy Boy?
            Why dont you call when you have some time to ride or something, we will talk.
            Peace
            You Suck

Comment

Feck! I'm building a studio on the property and my weekends where/are precommitted for awhile. In the spirit of things tho' I've commited myself to blowing some cash on a new rifle. I would opt for a stainless Mini 14 if I can afford it but might settle for a lever action Marlin 44mag. instead. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose
                Feck! I'm building a studio on the property and my weekends where/are precommitted for awhile. In the spirit of things tho' I've commited myself to blowing some cash on a new rifle. I would opt for a stainless Mini 14 if I can afford it but might settle for a lever action Marlin 44mag. instead. We'll see.  
                Can you please shoot the other direction, you know, away from my house.
                Thank You
                You Suck

Comment

Actualy I was planning on using your back yard as a range while your at work. My yard has too many trees and stuff. I usualy have to put a target on the ground and shoot straight up in the air and see where the round lands.

Comment

The 44 Mag lever action is a mighty fine nail tacker.
                    Years ago Ruger also made a 44 Mag version of their popular 10/22. I've heard rumors that they brought the 44 back, although I haven't seen any proof.

Comment

I know nothing about guns.. Is the 44 Mag the same as in "Go ahead.. make my day"?...

Comment

Originally posted by French Mille-R Lover
                        I know nothing about guns.. Is the 44 Mag the same as in "Go ahead.. make my day"?...
                        In a revolver the .44 Magnum is what Dirty Harry carried. I believe he had a redhawk or blackhawk, although it may have been a Vaquero. Lever action means a rifle, I'd guess carbine length as lever actions are considered "old west" and they didn't use long guns from horseback, had troubles clearing scabbards.

Bolt action rifles are in general more accurate, probably because it is easier to machine bolt actions to close tolerance. The mechanism itself is also a bit more forgiving. In general, I'm sure there are some examples where a lever action shoots better than a bolt.

"Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

Darn! U guys know weapons! U should be called the NRAmpires! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by French Mille-R Lover
                            Darn! U guys know weapons! U should be called the NRAmpires! ;D
                            I've worked for the department of war, death and mayhem in past lives ;D, plus have a son that was a marine.

For myself I've put holes in paper and occasional small game. Never had a clean shot at a deer, though I've been out sitting in a tree at dawn hunting deer many times. Something about dawn in November in Indiana that has ineffable qualities well beyond just la chasse. Frosty breath, blue herons flying up a golden hued stream, incredible peace with nature, plus the potential of fresh venison (fresh tenderloin with mushrooms braised in sherry or red wine, mmm).
                            "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

"La chasse" is nice. Your posting reminded me of the few times I tried it back in France. Early foggy mornings in the fields near the ponds, a light Beretta rifle my dad had given me, and some wild ducks taking off.. Truth is what I enjoyed most was hiking early, in cool breeze, when the countryside is quiet...
                              As for your Venison it sounds just darn yummy!!!!

Comment

Just watch out, because I am going to pick up my replacement band for my wrist rocket today, so watch out. I just have to dial in my laser sight, and its on! The beauty of it is I can shoot what ever I want, unlike you poor saps who have to buy bullets to match your silly little guns, except the 1911, that was a fun little toy, if you are into that kinda thing.
                                You Suck

Comment

Working...
                                X