Remember when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember when?

So I was just going through some pics and came across this pic of my race bike taken about an hour before I crashed it, my beloved Staircase Tattoo/Speedshop Santa Cruz Aprilia, ending my season and ultimately budding career. Makes me remember when racing was all that mattered to me.

Give us some nostalgia... what's your "remember when?"
    Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
    Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Technically my second motorcycle, but my first only lasted a week. I rode this bike fucking everywhere. After I got this bike I got rid of my car. I didn't another car until last November when someone gave me one.

I've owned a dozen motorcycles or so, but as awful as the seca turbos are..I keep thinking about getting another one. Just because.

Oh, also, I was like 412lbs in this picture. I'm not kidding. It might have been more.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Egh the 5 minute edit timer apparently counts even after you click edit. So, pretend the text below the image says this:

Technically my second motorcycle, but my first only lasted a week. I rode this bike fucking everywhere. I got rid of my car and never looked back. It's been 9 years, and I only just got another 4 wheeled vehicle; it was free.

I rode this bike to Philadelphia on a whim, because I wanted a cheesesteak. I'd wake up in the middle of the night because I was dreaming about riding. So i'd jump on the bike and go ride 9 or mount hamilton. I didn't have riding pants, special boots, a heated vest, or of that other shit. Just a helmet, gloves, and a shitty jacket. I froze my ass off in the winter and sweated to death in the summer.

Despite it's many foibles I loved this motorcycle. One day I woke up in the ER at Dominican with a severe concussion. I kept asking about the bike, and whether the forks were straight. It was the only thing I cared about.

I've owned a dozen motorcycles or so, but as awful as these bikes are..I keep thinking about getting another one. Just because.
      "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

My first bike in... 2004. Such a cutie. :-)

Last edited by samatye; 03-16-2011, 11:45 PM.
        sigpic

Originally posted by epim
        Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
        The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Comment

(sold it in 07)
          sigpic

Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.

Comment

Here's on from the way-back machine, a long time ago ex sent me this pic from 1984. I'm in Stockbridge Massachusetts with my first bike, a 1979 Suzuki RM400.

With that as a first ride I'm amazed I'm still alive.

I don't have the hair anymore either....
            Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
            Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

--
              Keith Seric Maynard
              http://www.seric.com

Comment

This is me with my first bike. There were no helmet laws back then but still, I can't believe I ever rode without helmet.

What was I thinking.

"Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Lon, you're awesome.
                  sigpic

Comment

not that long ago, but a week after that picture was taken two of the three bikes were no longer rideable... and the one that you would most expect to die was still fine
                    Originally posted by the_grinch
                    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
                    Originally posted by Beauregard
                    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

you guys are all so OLD! (minus Junkie). Look at those VINTAGE pictures! lol
                      :-)
                      sigpic

Comment

O.K. Here is a picture of me with my second bike. A 1970 Triumph Daytona 500 twin carb T100. Twin carb T100s are pretty rare outside of collectors circles. It sported very fancy cafe style Boranni alloy rims and a Cerianni front fork and triple clamp set up that I hand polished after some dumb ass painted them black. A set of Clubman bars rounded out the already awesomeness of my package... I mean, the bikes package. This was taken at a rally of the Monterey Bay European motorcyle club over 20 years ago.

Note the mustache (it was still in he early production stage). Yes folks, I was sporting the 'stache when Dylan was still in diapers. You couldn't get the high tech, fancy Japanese production 'staches you see all the kids wearing these days. They were still in developmental stages back then and the Jap and Euro manufacturers only had experimental and prototype versions in the works and the details of these models were a closely guarded secret. like many in my day I had to fabricate and make my own mustache from scratch. they were pretty crude looking back then being made by hobbyists in their bathroom mirrors in their spare time but they got the job done well enough.

This is pre helmet law. Wearing a helmet was detrimental to operating this bike as it was critical to be able to hear the engine clattering. It had no speed or tach so I had to use my ears to gauge engine RPM. Too high and the pistons would slap. I still have that jacket too. it's a Harley brand but it's the best damn jacket I've ever owned as far as quality of comfort, fit, finish, warmth and durability. It put's my Vanson to shame.

Last edited by Rotten; 03-19-2011, 11:34 AM.
                        "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Lon. You warmed the cockles of my heart.

Comment

That bike won me an award in an early Vampire rally. This plaque was originally attached to one of John Bettencourt's spare Triumph right side engine covers. I still have that somewhere.

Unfortunately it also caught my pants on fire on the ride home when the float bowl sank and it pissed gas all over my leg out of the tickler hole and ignited on the pipe.

Good times.

sigpic

Comment

hey, i really enjoyed the pics.....cheered me up while doing my taxes....thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X