Gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas tank

I need to find a gas tank for the CR-500,I have the stock one, 2.24 Gal. and a 500cc twostroke may go 40 to 60 miles on that, it is a 1985 CR-500. A tank like Jason's may work?,the 250 gets about 32-37 M.P.G.,so a 500cc may be around 20-25 M.P.G.? imho.
    Last edited by twostroke; 11-23-2006, 04:38 PM.
    Die trying,trying to Die.

Ummm... As usual Tim I am unable to determine from your post what exactly, if any, your question is. Are you looking for a stock or oversized replacement?

A.F.A.I.K. only the vastly superior four stroke XR models have large capacity tanks available. There is a good reason for that. ;-)

A smart fellow such a yourself shouldn't have too much trouble adapting an oversized XR model or ever cooler, one of the under seat tanks sold by Baja Designs. I say that never having tried it myself but if you can safely get around by strapping a rocket to your ass this should be cake.
    Last edited by Rotten; 11-23-2006, 04:12 PM.
    "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
    ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

edit post,done. Sorry Lon, I tend to talk to myself too much and it comes out very poor. I will look up Baja Designs for OVER sized gas tanks. Thanks for the tip on the tank. -- what is A.F.A.I.K. ???--
      Last edited by twostroke; 11-23-2006, 04:51 PM.

Comment

As far as I know
        You Suck

Comment

know what?. thanks Eric.

Comment

Baja Designs,tanked out for the CR500,must mod. per Goose.

Comment

Ebay has two of them... an expensive new one....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clark...spagenameZWD1V

And a cheap one that needs some repair and is from a 1987. Although the ad does not say it's oversized, it looks to be bigger than stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...spagenameZWD1V

The first ad says something about pre-1987 bikes needing differentl tank mounting hardware.

Hope this helps...

Comment

Thank You for the link SuperMoto, the 1st one is just what i need .

Comment

No problem, hope you find what you need.
                  Out of curiousity do you need the larger tank for extended offroad riding or do you plan on riding the CR500 on the street?

Comment

Street use for that bike and dirt for the stock CR500.

Comment

Working...
                    X