X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix SUCKS!

>

How do people live here?

110 degrees yesterday and ONLY 108 today..

Jebus...no lanesplitting. Not sure how many poor slobs on motorcycles I saw sitting in traffic, baking like rotisserie chickens..

Sheesh...

Re: Phoenix SUCKS!

15 years there. Riding through town in the middle of the day was not really an option. I wear more then just levis so it really hindered my availability to ride, but hey at least when I fell I did not sound like a frying egg. Go to around the university and you can watch guys with shorts on, flip flops and the one required thing, eye protection in the form of sunglasses. But hey, their on a R1 so there is nothing to worry about. IDIOT SQUIDS!

Comment

And it can get even better! I was riding in Glendale, sweating like a pig, when all the sudden, in about 2 minutes, over 5 miles, the sky turned black, i mean nightlike pitch black, with buckets of water soaking my bones and lightnings falling 3 feet away from me.. Arizona.. shhhhhh..... ;D

Comment

Wait a sec. I am not the only one up here.

Ok, who's stalking me.
        If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? (Federic Bastiat, 1840)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan
          Wait a sec. I am not the only one up here.

Ok, who's stalking me.

IT LIVES! ;D

P.S. Still have that Kyosho Turbo Ultima you helped me assemble back in '87. You want it?

Comment

Man, I was just in town! Heck ya I'll take it.

"memories!"
            If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? (Federic Bastiat, 1840)

Comment

Originally posted by Valgar
              >

How do people live here?

110 degrees yesterday and ONLY 108 today..

Jebus...no lanesplitting. Not sure how many poor slobs on motorcycles I saw sitting in traffic, baking like rotisserie chickens..

Sheesh...
              No lane splitting sucks. When you do it people freak out! Did you find the good riding yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan

No lane splitting sucks. When you do it people freak out! Did you find the good riding yet?
                Heh, was only there for a few days...

Comment

Will be there Sept. 11th to pick up four bikes. No, I will be in the vehicle that has the a/c button. :-[
                  After moving up to Santa Cruz from 15 years in Phx and then going back and not being able to split lanes on nice hot summer day/evening, I knew it was time to come home. And yes, people totally freak out if you do split lane in desperation for heat relief.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel
                    Will be there Sept. 11th to pick up four bikes.
                    Well CRAP, I guess that means you won't be joining me at the Reno Air Races? :P

Comment

Shit! Forgot and now I am dedicated to going that weekend. Crap! > > > >

Comment

I'll try to bring you back some memories like this! ;D

Comment

Damn you.

I will try to bring back some images like these....

Comment

Ooh la la! Nice! PHOENIX ROCKS!!!!!!!! :P :P

Comment

Working...
                            X