Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Poly Penguins Dual Sport ride APRIL 10th

Just around the corner, April 10th.
    This is a fucking blast! 125 miles through dirt and private ranches. TriTip BBQ and gas at the 80 mile mark. Last year i took our prospect(dave) on it and we had a blast running all the optional HARD lines. come on down and wear your colors in the dirt!

more info http://www.cppenguinsmc.com/dual_sport/Flyer_2011.pdf
    pic of last years water crossing(optional)
    SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
    "- Ziad

IN.
    Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
    Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Wow, baller alert! That ride sounds extremely fun.
      I was poking around to confirm if they go through Pozo (yes) and someone even posted up a Craigslist ad:

"Have you ever been through central California and seen the private ranches with the rolling hills of grass and thought, "I wish I could tear through there on my motorcycle, just once."? I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't participate in it last year, but you can in the High Mountain Dual Sport hosted by the Cal Poly Penguins Motorcycle Club. It's a 120 mile dual sport ride through San Luis Obispo county ranging from quiet highway stretches through vineyards to river crossings and gnarly hill climbs on those private ranches. There are even options at the more difficult sections to go around if a rider isn't experienced enough to take a certain obstacle. At the halfway point there is a lunch stop with a catered oak pit bbq lunch (tri tip, baked beans, grilled garlic bread, etc). The ride is April 10, 2011. It is $70 if you sign up early, and $90 to sign up the day of, so definitely worth it to mail in your entry form. The form and liability waiver can be found at:
      http://cppenguinsmc.com/index.php?op...d=46&Itemid=62
      With your entry you get the ride (which from talking to the hosts last year I hear takes a lot of work to set up the permitting with the forest service (also riding through national forest land on trails in Pozo!) and the police departments, aside from the liability issues with the ranchers), you get a gallon or two of gas at the halfway point, you get a customized design tshirt designed by the club members for that years ride, you get a role chart for all the turns you need to make (or a downloadable gps route map for those who carry one), you get lunch at "Ryan's Ranch," and you get entered into a sweet raffle that they hand out prizes for at the end of the ride. Needless to say I will be there this year and if you like riding and have your street license you should at least give it a try! See you guys there!"

Comment

Yeah its the shit. My 3rd year in a row to attend, and my wife is doing it with me again this year.
        SETHZILLA!

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
        "- Ziad

Comment

In 8)
          I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

...I might make this. This'll be rad.
            "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

It is a great ride, showing off the types of terrain you can find on the central coast.
              SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

I be there! Check the website, looks like your check/entry form needs to be post marked by tomorrow! Or you get the $20 lazy ass slacker fee.

Comment

I AM ERECT WITH ANTICIPATION.
                  Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
                  Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

CRAP! Had I not just bought a house I'd totally be slarving all over this. :-\
                    http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

NEWS UPDATE! THE RIDE HAS BEEN POSTPONED DUE TO ROAD CLOSURES ON HI-MOUNTAIN ROAD. THE RIDE HAS BEEN MOVED FORWARD TO MAY 1ST.
                      SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

Thanks for the call/txt (was on the bike when I got 'em)
                        I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

i'm still in, the big boss had to approve me for a day off because of the postponement, so IT'S ON BITCHES! get your bikes ready. Gromit come on down brother, save up some money and carpool with Rotten!
                          SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

I am still in.

For those who ride 1 maybe 2 times per year, this should definitely be one of those rides. It is well worth the travel/entry fee to spend this day on the dirt.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIjY3q-Q7y8

In case you are on the fence, this video is from one of the private ranches
                              that we'll be riding on. At the end of the video is the watercrossing pictured above.
                              SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

Working...
                              X