RIP Randy "Macho Man" Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Randy "Macho Man" Savage

Another of my childhood heroes is gone, but not forgotten.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage, a professional wrestler who became a fan favorite thanks to his outlandish outfits and trademark catchphrase, died Friday in a car wreck, according to TMZ.
    The 58-year-old Savage reportedly suffered a heart attack while driving his 2009 Jeep Wrangler in Tampa, Fla., and careened across lanes of oncoming traffic before colliding head-on with a tree. He died later at a local hospital.
    Savage's wife Lynn, who was riding in the passenger seat, escaped with only minor injuries. Both passengers were wearing seatbelts and the police do not believe alcohol was a factor.
    The World Wrestling Federation favorite from Ohio burst onto the scene in 1985 and quickly drew attention with his flamboyant outfits and "ooh yeah!" catchphrase. His marriage to Elizabeth Hulette, Ms. Elizabeth to fans, was one of the first high-profile wrestler/valet relationships. They divorced in 1992. Savage remarried last year.
    He won two WWF championships in his career. His match against Ricky Steamboat in 1987's Wrestlemania III is considered one of the best WWF bouts ever. Savage won the title late that year, setting the stage for memorable battles with Hulk Hogan, who would eventually dethrone him as champion.
    Savage also appeared in memorable ads for Slim Jim and played a wrestler in the 2002 hit film "Spider-Man."
    First poster of 2007.
    First Poster of 2010.

Yes Ladies, I AM the guy your mother warned you about.

I din't know "ooh yeah" was a catch phrase. I thought he was just ejaculating into his tights while watching his reflection in the camera lens. Hilarious how they claim he "won" titles when it was all scripted.

I hope I get lucky enough to die quickly of a heart attack. Being voted "most likely to go down in a blaze of glory" was cool at first but nowadays I'm not liking the idea all that much.

Fucking Bon Jovi....
    "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
    ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

And lo, it came to pass that Macho Man Randy Savage did prevent the impending Rapture. Amen.

"Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
      ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Scripted?! Who do you think you are? That shit is for real, and it is an awesome sport. He won those titles fair and square.

I suppose you think Santa Claus is mythical too? Just because you never see him, doesn't mean he doesn't exist. He always eats the cookies and drinks the milk I leave for him.

As for the catch phrase "oh, yeah"; I thought the KoolAid guy made that one up.

Comment

Working...
        X