Bike shop recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike shop recommendations

Need to do a significant amount of maintenance on the ole MZ this year. Tires, valves, carb, cooling system, electrical. Lots of deferred maintenance.

Recommendations on where to take my oddball bike? I can always go to Moore and Sons (Tom knows MZs) but I'm also looking for alternatives and I've been out of the loop for a while...

J.

There is fsck all for good shops in SC that I've been able to find. In theory there is a new one opening soon with some positive rumors around it. We'll see when they open for service.
    I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Where are you located Joel? The best shop in the Bay Area isn't far from S.C.
      http://nicholssportbikes.com/
      Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
      Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Oh, if you get the MZ up and running, the Rally is May 17, 18, 19 this year. You should swing by and hang out for a bit/ride
        I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Jim's cycles in S.C. has never let me down. Jim is honest, fair, and reasonably priced. He is over by the drive-in on chantaclear.

Comment

If you can get Tom to work on it you should take it to him. I'm sure he knows his way around a Yamaha XT660 thumper motor. He's had some health issues after a bad crash not long ago but he was back in the shop last time I was there.

We expect The Dark Farmer to make a rally appearance Joel!
            "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
            ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by beauregard View Post
              Where are you located Joel? The best shop in the Bay Area isn't far from S.C.
              http://nicholssportbikes.com/
              FYI about Nichols; one side of the shop is a top notch bike garage, the other side manufactures space flight hardware. Jon and Lettie Nichols are awesome!
              http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Neher View Post
                Jim's cycles in S.C. has never let me down. Jim is honest, fair, and reasonably priced. He is over by the drive-in on chantaclear.
                +1 to that
                AFAIK he only works on Japanese, but the MZ should be close enough.

Comment

Working...
                X