How to: Fix a broken separating zipper on your jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatanCruz View Post
    After monkeying Moike's RGM to Alices I busted the zipper on my jacket from moving around so much. It'd zip up, but the zipper teeth would separate. Anyhow, I learned a quick fix before taking it it to the repair shop.

The outside edges of a zipper press against each other to press the teeth together. What you're going to do is narrow the space between these edges with a pair of pliers. For a guide of how wide or narrow this space should be check the stop at the end of the zipper (the place where the tooth stops and is held after you thread it through the zipper body).

If you can't figure it out, just use the guess and check method and go easy on the metal - you don't want to break it.
    Thank You for taking the time to help us .
    Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Damn I miss that show Sifl & Olly. One of my favorite episodes was when they were partying at Dude's house, the vomiting puppet was crescent fresh. Then there was an episode where Sifl & Olly were riding HOGS complete with slutty looking BOB's in front of a green screen of Easy Rider as if they're riding in the pack, the scene all wrapped up with the soundtrack of AC/DC' Son of a Bitch blasting while the puppets are headbanging at 60mph. Man, I wish that segment had lasted longer than 30 seconds. This has been a Lugnut-inspired thread tangent.

Comment

I don't watch much TV so I have no clue what your talking about but being a creation of the '80's culture I can tell you that Nazareth performed that song.
        "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
        ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

MOD, please move this thread to the "friends" section as it contains sensitive pics of the gaRy chapter doing creepy stuff.
          Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
          Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

That's funny. I have a gay "friend" actually named Gary and he introduces himself with "My name is Gary. The 'r' is silent."
            "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
            ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Im not going to lie i only joined this forum because google brought it up when i searched for zipper repair, and man im glad i did because you saved my favorite 3 Inches of Blood sweatshirt. THANKS.

\m/

Comment

Originally posted by Armacost View Post
                Im not going to lie i only joined this forum because google brought it up when i searched for zipper repair, and man im glad i did because you saved my favorite 3 Inches of Blood sweatshirt. THANKS.

\m/

Glad I saved something so metal from hittin' the can. Rockin'.

Comment

Thanks for the D.I.Y. repair tips and laughs. You photoshop wizzards are a riot. Teeth on MD Beau? Hillarious!
                  http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

satancruz thank you very much i love you

Comment

SantaCruz, thanks dude, got my zipper working.
                      You're one fudger dude ;o)

Comment

We need to get a Zipper Repair Technician nametape now...
                        Can you fly, bobby?

Comment

Working...
                        X