Gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloves

What type of gloves do you all swear by? I used to wear Dainese and loved them. Then Helimot talked me into switching to Helds. The insurance company took the last pair of Austrian made Helds that I had.

Are the new Helds any good?

Anyone have experience with Helimot's new gloves? Which model?

John, you love Racer Gloves, why?
    --
    Keith Seric Maynard
    http://www.seric.com

they fit great, and have lasted almost as long as my first pair of a stars(back before a stars went to shit) despite the turn two crash

z dog swears by them also
    "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Racer gloves are pretty awesome, and mine lasted a bit over a year before the seams split.

I've got the helimot F108's right now and love em. They fit great and seem to be pretty high quality. The pad on the back of the knuckles can be soaked in water, so you get some pretty good convective cooling going on the track.

Oh yeah, and a stars can suck a dick. Their shit sucks now.
      "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

My Held's lasted 8 years. The seem splitting on yours in a year is not making me a convert. Five of those years I wore them everyday.
        --
        Keith Seric Maynard

Comment

I've never had much luck with 'roo palm gloves. I'm hoping these helimot's will change that.
          "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

The helimot's are buffalo I believe.
            --
            Keith Seric Maynard

Comment

Originally posted by seric View Post
              What type of gloves do you all swear by? I used to wear Dainese and loved them. Then Helimot talked me into switching to Helds. The insurance company took the last pair of Austrian made Helds that I had.

Are the new Helds any good?

Anyone have experience with Helimot's new gloves? Which model?

John, you love Racer Gloves, why?

Same here. My Helds are also about 7-8 years old and paper thin on the palms but no seam splits yet.. Ah-nold repealed the no kangaroo import products earlier this year so perhaps will see 'roo skin Helds again.
              Last edited by Rotten; 10-14-2008, 06:30 PM.
              "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
              ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Love my Helimots.. The last set had a finger unravel (they were his design prototypes, he made them based on my hands and gave them to me). Even though they were free, he fixed finger (while I waited).. When I lost one at Costco, he offered to give me another.. I politely refused and bought another pair.

He's got my money for gloves!

Comment

I've got the Helimot Buffalo 365s. Very pleased in the quality of the leather and the construction, and they're thicker than any other leather gloves from the big names I've owned (AStars, Joe Rocket, Held). I'd say they're safely a 3 season glove and I wear them almost every day except when it's cold (low 40s) or raining.

Helimot fits you for them pretty tight and they break in after a while.

Only 2 gripes:

1)The leather wiper on the left glove is useless, it tends to just smear the windshield on my helmet. A plastic wiper is the way to go.

2) I found out that the thumb on the right glove was shorter and thinner than the left which cramps my throttle grip. Not positive if my right thumb is bigger than the other, I need to go in for custom finger re-sizing (I think it's 7 or 8 bucks).
                  Last edited by SatanCruz; 10-14-2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

I have a few pairs of gloves for various riding weather... The ones I wear daily in good weather are from First Gear. They're mesh, inexpensive, and won't survive more then one good crash. But they've lived through several low speed ones already. They're super comfortable. Cow leather palms and hard armored knuckles. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...20-Gloves.aspx

The winter gloves I have are basically these from Tour Master: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...te-Gloves.aspx They're warm and waterproof, but still allow for good dexterity.

For riding in the sub-freezing temperatures I have these HUGE heated gloves that plug into my heated vest. They work, but, I can barely operate the controls on my bike while wearing them because they're so big. And they're not water proof either.
                    Ride More. Bitch Less.

Comment

A-stars.
                      Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
                      Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

I also have the Racer High-End gloves for summer use, and I love them. They've held up fairly well through three full summers, an easy 50k miles, many of them very hot, sweaty miles.

I have a small hole in the side of the right index finger where my throttle cable nut wore through, and another small pinhole in the left thumb that developed on my Montana trip a couple of months ago. Both are covered with duct tape right now--I'm just trying to get through a few more weeks of warm weather with them. I already have a brand new pair in the closet for next summer.

I highly recommend those Racers, for $150 they can't be beat. They vent like a motherfucker, and they feel broken-in on day one. Extremely comfortable.

I used to use the Racer Multi-top gloves for winter use, because they are warm but fairly thin for a winter glove. Unfortunately, they just don't hold out the rain as well as I need them to. They stay dry for 30-60 minutes, and then soak through.So, my hands generally stay dry on my 30 minute commute home, but they don't dry out well overnight--they're generally soaked all the way through in the morning.

Last year I switched to Alipinestars Storm Rider Gore-Tex gloves for winter use, and I'm very happy with them. Over the years I've found that real DuPont Gore-Tex is really the only waterproof membrane that is truly waterproof; all the crappy imposters are just that.

In conclusionmentation:

Racer High-End Summer Gloves - Big Thumbs Up

Racer Multi-Top Winter Gloves - Thumbs Down

Alpinestars Stormrider Gore-Tex Winter Gloves - Thumbs Up

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

i've wanted helds for years but can never find anyone who carries a good selection(i need to try before purchase)

and i have heared that held has been going south since some other company bought them, and they began being made in some rice patty based economy, but you can still get real "german" helds or some such nonsence
                          "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Originally posted by wackyiraqi View Post
                            I also have the Racer High-End gloves for summer use, and I love them. They've held up fairly well through three full summers, an easy 50k miles, many of them very hot, sweaty miles.

I have a small hole in the side of the right index finger where my throttle cable nut wore through, and another small pinhole in the left thumb that developed on my Montana trip a couple of months ago. Both are covered with duct tape right now--I'm just trying to get through a few more weeks of warm weather with them. I already have a brand new pair in the closet for next summer.

I highly recommend those Racers, for $150 they can't be beat. They vent like a motherfucker, and they feel broken-in on day one. Extremely comfortable.

I used to use the Racer Multi-top gloves for winter use, because they are warm but fairly thin for a winter glove. Unfortunately, they just don't hold out the rain as well as I need them to. They stay dry for 30-60 minutes, and then soak through.So, my hands generally stay dry on my 30 minute commute home, but they don't dry out well overnight--they're generally soaked all the way through in the morning.

Last year I switched to Alipinestars Storm Rider Gore-Tex gloves for winter use, and I'm very happy with them. Over the years I've found that real DuPont Gore-Tex is really the only waterproof membrane that is truly waterproof; all the crappy imposters are just that.

In conclusionmentation:

Racer High-End Summer Gloves - Big Thumbs Up

Racer Multi-Top Winter Gloves - Thumbs Down

Alpinestars Stormrider Gore-Tex Winter Gloves - Thumbs Up
                            Scotch Guard and or dry Silicone spray work well to stop water, just make a heavy application to all seems and some on the main glove. Do Not Do The Palm with the Silicone type, Scotch Guard is O.K.
                            Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Originally posted by twostroke View Post
                              Scotch Guard and or dry Silicone spray work well to stop water, just make a heavy application to all seems and some on the main glove. Do Not Do The Palm with the Silicone type, Scotch Guard is O.K.
                              Believe me, dude, I put a LOT of rain miles on every year, and I've tried every water sealant in the universe. Scotch Guard (even the heavy duty shit in the green can) lasts 3-4 days, a week, tops.

Just about the best sealant out there is Kiwi Wet-Pruf, but it's still not great.

Even the best chemical water sealant is a piss-poor substitute for gore-tex.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Working...
                              X