Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Season

Hey All.

As a Local Son of Santa Cruz thought I'd share the results of the Season.

I'll keep going for 2015 with the AFM.I will be sending in and application to the ManxGP as soon as registration opens-Im hoping to be accepted as I have all the requirements met and my application packet assembled.
    Formula Singles has been Re-instated for the '15 season.If anyone has a 450+cc single cylinder machine its a great way to get on track in a competitive but low key class.
    Attached Files

That's sweet, dude. Good luck. We miss riding with you in the Cruz.
    www.motorcyclesandmisfits.com

Comment

Good luck, that's a dream circuit to experience.
      --
      Keith Seric Maynard
      http://www.seric.com

Comment

Well.. It has bee 4 months since I posted this thread...

A little over 2 weeks ago I was notified that I have been awarded a starting position in the ManxGP on the Isle Of Mann.. in the last week I have built 2 motors from ground up-new crank,new trans,new top end for both.Assembled the bikes,prepped them,located crates,assembled the crates,loaded the bikes,packed the crates,sealed them.Arraigned shipping and delivered them to the transport company..This was not easy in such a compressed time schedule. I have had this dream for nearly 25 years.It has taken a solid 3 years of dedication to this goal to make it a reality..
        No one from Santa Cruz has ever been awarded a starting position on a Motorcycle at Isle of Mann, as a Local Son and 43 year resident I am proud to be the first.Certainly no one has ever brought a Supermoto to the grid and qualified and finished the race-that would be a first in the the History of the Manx.I am looking forward to the challenge!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ILOAD2 View Post

A little over 2 weeks ago I was notified that I have been awarded a starting position in the ManxGP on the Isle Of Mann.. in the last week I have built 2 motors from ground up-new crank,new trans,new top end for both.Assembled the bikes,prepped them,located crates,assembled the crates,loaded the bikes,packed the crates,sealed them.Arraigned shipping and delivered them to the transport company..This was not easy in such a compressed time schedule. I have had this dream for nearly 25 years.It has taken a solid 3 years of dedication to this goal to make it a reality..
          No one from Santa Cruz has ever been awarded a starting position on a Motorcycle at Isle of Mann, as a Local Son and 43 year resident I am proud to be the first.Certainly no one has ever brought a Supermoto to the grid and qualified and finished the race-that would be a first in the the History of the Manx.I am looking forward to the challenge!
          Fantastic.

Are you aware of the Vampires' history with the Isle of Man? We had a member that was a monkey on a sidecar racing team that qualified for Isle of Man. Had a bad accident in practice on the Isle. As a result they instituted a repatriation insurance requirement for racers. I hope you compete well and come home with yourself and your bikes intact.

Good luck!
          "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

THANK YOU, for this up date, nice to have some good news and we wish You the best on your skills to ride..be safe and ride well. We Want Pics..Please.
            Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Wow, looks like you'll have a lot of fun there.
              Originally posted by the_grinch
              ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
              Originally posted by Beauregard
              give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

Congrats! Please let us know of your results and adventures! I would think this kind of experience might warrant a write-ups in the Sentinel, don't you?

Comment

Manx Timing and Scoring transmitted my Competitor number on Friday.

I will be running #73 for the 2015 ManxGP .

As far as the Sentinel- I think it would be weird if I reached out to them about this Journey.

Comment

39 days until first practice.

Time is flying by- I'm really Amp'd at this Point!

Comment

This is it .
                      Tomorrow I leave for the Isle Of Mann.

Comment

This is it .
                        Have fun. Do yourself proud.
                        "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

This is it .
                          best of luck and safe travel and fun most of all.
                          Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice air!

Marston Morse

Comment

Working...
                              X