Harley and the Davidsons (TV Show)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley and the Davidsons (TV Show)

I'm about halfway through the 2nd episode of this three part series. It's actually very good. They took extreme liberties with the story, but what remains is still a good romp through the companies early more innovative times.
    --
    Keith Seric Maynard
    http://www.seric.com

Originally posted by seric View Post
    the [...] early more innovative times.
    When did their innovation tank? in the early 1900s they were moving. But by the 70s they were garbage.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
      When did their innovation tank? in the early 1900s they were moving. But by the 70s they were garbage.
      I'd have a hard time considering them very innovative after the late 40's. I think Honda sealed the deal in the 60's since HD couldn't match their innovations in engine development, they were put in a defensive position of capitalizing on their existing platform and post-war followers, eventually turning them into a lifestyle brand.
      --
      Keith Seric Maynard
      http://www.seric.com

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
        Pretty much when they dropped the racing team, took their toys and went home iirc.
        I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Couldn't get through two episodes. So dramatic and the races too unrealistic.
          www.motorcyclesandmisfits.com

Comment

Originally posted by douglas View Post
            Couldn't get through two episodes. So dramatic and the races too unrealistic.
            Not just too dramatic, also inaccurate to say the least. The board track death? In reality that killed the racer who crashed, another racer, and a few people in the crowd. When it's already known as a bloodsport, the death of one racer isn't going to mean much.
            Originally posted by the_grinch
            ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
            Originally posted by Beauregard
            give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

Working...
            X