Cal Poly Penguins Dual Sport ride APRIL 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SETHZILLA! View Post
    Gromit come on down brother, save up some money and carpool with Rotten!
    Unfortunately I am not in, I has no dirty bike.

8(
    "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
    ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

I have a dirty bike you could use. Just clean it afterwards.
      --
      Keith Seric Maynard
      http://www.seric.com

Comment

I believe it needs to plated no? I would polish that sucker to high shine if it would be legal. PM sent to Seth.

Err... did it not get cleaned after the last time I borrowed it?
        Last edited by Rotten; 04-17-2011, 11:58 PM.
        "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

sigpic

Comment

Yes it has to be plated, and it must have a Spark Arrestor. At one area of the ride, forest service rangers will put a metal rod down your exhaust to check for the SA. I have seen dirt bikes with SA's, no turn signals and a plate off another bike pass right through the checkpoint....... :-)
          SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
          "- Ziad

Comment

I have no signals, but I have tail light, head light, plate, and spark arrestor.

Don't fuckin tell me I'm going to get hassled about no signals.
            Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
            Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Beau you will be fine because you have a dark arrestor. The rangers don't give a shit about turn signals
              SETHZILLA!

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
              "- Ziad

Comment

Originally posted by SETHZILLA! View Post
                Beau you will be fine because you have a dark arrestor. The rangers don't give a shit about turn signals
                That's racist man.
                Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

I'm thinking a two stroke with no lights whatsoever would garner unavoidable Imperial entanglements. I'm not going to get Keith's bike impounded so I guess I am still out. Planning on offing the Duc and CBR1K. soon and getting another dual sport. Hopefully that will happen before this years Sheet Iron but I doubt it.

sigpic

Comment

could always be an idiot and take the duc or cbr on a dual sport ride...
                    Originally posted by the_grinch
                    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
                    Originally posted by Beauregard
                    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

If anyone wants to pick up and register my XL500 they can use that as well. Ran fine last time I parked it. Has a hole in the header, but I have another header for it.
                      --
                      Keith Seric Maynard
                      http://www.seric.com

Comment

does the bike have to be in current Reg.?
                        Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

It does not. No one at Cal Poly will check to see if it is current. Keep in mind you will ride on public roads for approx. 30 miles. If you're in a pack of Vampires on roads - be in front! :-)
                          SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

Jon reminded of the need for a spark arrestor. I'll have to figure out something for the KTM if i'm gonna make it.
                            "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
                              Jon reminded of the need for a spark arrestor. I'll have to figure out something for the KTM if i'm gonna make it.
                              they sell these kitchen/bathroom drain screens at hardware stores, the kind that are stainless ans have a rim that are for keeping crap from going down the drain. I made one for my CRF450R with one of these.

Comment

Not that anyone would want to, but you can ride a green sticker bike on parts of the ride. If you aren't die hard on wanting to do all the private ranches and connect all of the sections, there's plenty of fun to be had at Pozo (and you wouldn't pay the fee). You would just stage and ride the Pozo section (which is arguably the best terrain of the ride), then meet up with friends for dinner or whatever. Not ideal, but just pointing out that there are other options.

Comment

Working...
                                X