No announcement yet.

2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks fun. How did you do? How much does the windshield help?
    Originally posted by the_grinch
    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
    Originally posted by Beauregard
    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
      Looks fun. How did you do? How much does the windshield help?

Dead last (7th place).. never been so happy getting last place in my entire life..

27 riders started the journey to qualify in the 9 days leading up to the Main..For what ever reason-mechanical,injury,qualifying time not met ,only 8 riders made the Main event on race day.Only 7 Finished and where awarded Finishers medals. If you look at the machinery in my class it isn't hard to draw conclusions, every other machine in class made over 80HP.I ran on 55/56'ish..Their speeds through the speed trap where 123 to 136mph.My speed through the trap was a whopping 112mph on a dirt bike!!..I threw down a 27:36 on my very first lap ever of the course.My 2nd lap out I made a qualifying lap of 26:34 and on my 3rd lap out I did 26:13 in spotty wet conditions 27:00 or less was the bar to qualify for the main-I sure wasn't making that time on straight a ways it had to be gained in other portions of the course.

I did Exactly what I set out to do.Qualify and Finish a race on the Mountain Course on a Supermoto..The entire Manx Administration said "it cannot be done" "your machines do not produce the mph to make a qualifying pace needed to make 27:00 or less-that is an 84.3MPH AVERAGE around the course" I did 86.xx+MPH average around the course..The Scrutineers (tech inspectors) said "no way will your motors last -no way!"...Guess what...They where all wrong.I qualified AND my motors lasted all practice week and in the main event..No one believed I could do it. I believed in myself and wanted to prove it could be done.

The little wind screen worked very well.You would think something so small would be worthless bet it did a great job through the long mountain section in the wind.
      Attached Files

Comment

Can't wait to get you down for the podcast. Great job! We all believed in you.
        www.motorcyclesandmisfits.com

Comment

Thanks Doug!..
          Yeah so 27 in my class...Of course there where other classes with stacked fields.

I know it sounds weird when I say 1st lap or 2nd or third..What everyone here has to remember is that a huge amount of riders get to practice and there are time constraints on the course being closed..There was RAIN a lot of rain.I didnt even get a practice lap till Thursday..Usually you are expected to have 3 laps by the Wednesday night of practice.So the pressure really started to stack up..There was a question about if I would have enough practice nights in as its required that a newcomer have 6 laps in before the main event AND 1 of those has to be a qualifying time..So with no practice and the window on qualifying closing quickly I had to make a decision not to just "ease" into it and learn the road of many nights of practice..I had to get a qualifier in and strike while I could else the dream would have slipped through my fingers..So after that 1st lap I had to wait 3 days to get another shot at it..3 nights of nerve racking,sick to your stomach worrying about going fast enough to make it...When I finally got to go out I just put on my hwy 9 face and treated it like my favorite back yard road and it all came into focus.All the years of living here at the bottom of 9 and all the years of riding it everyday truly paid off on this one..The mountain course is like 9,skyline,and pescadero rd all rolled into one awesome doobie.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVrTpmdamIQ

Comment

Thank you for sharing your story on our forum, Yuri! You had a legendary adventure - Well Done!!!

Please post up when you'll be speaking on the ReCycle podcast so I can attend and congratulate you in person.
              Last edited by antipathy; 09-12-2015, 01:47 PM.

Comment

That's awesome man. Good job!
                "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXvxvkLa8J8

Comment

is there embed here?

Comment

Working...
                    X