Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aug 20th: 1st (hopefully) Annual Kilt Ride!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aug 20th: 1st (hopefully) Annual Kilt Ride!

First off, the rules:

1) This is a low speed ride, you are exposing quite a bit of skin. Moto-X kneepads are encouraged. If you don't think you can keep from stacking on a low speed ride involving traffic, you should stay away.

2) You need a kilt to go on this ride. Girls (and slowpoke), can opt for a schoolgirl skirt. No kilt, no ride. Feel free to join us at the endpoint if you want though.

3) Stunting, flashing, etc. Just don't, not only will it piss me off, but if you stack and take someone down in a kilt, we will hide your body in lake merced.

4) You might want to strap a set of your normal riding pants on the back of the bike, it will get a bit chillier after we stop at Edinburgh Castle...

Now that that is out of the way.....

We will be meeting at 3pm at the Gas station (Chevron) on the corner of John Daly and Lake Merced Blvd in Daly City, and leaving shortly thereafter.

It isn't a long ride, but you should still fill up if you can.

We'll be tooling up through GG park, then finding our way to Twin Peaks, where we will stop for up-kilt photos and general BSing.

From there we will drop back down and head up Castro St (:teeth) finally making our way down Geary and stopping at Edinburgh Castle to show off our kilts to the owners

Since it will be a small group of kilted lunatics, we won't have blockers, and if we get seperated, most likely we will wait for the laggers to catch up (I'll be handing out routes to everyone so we can waive the "catch up" portion if people feel comfortable).

One thing that I'm currently missing, are a couple volunteers to head to the Castle a bit early and try to snag some parking spots outside, we should arrive at the pub by 5pm, just as they are opening.
Working...
X