SFVMC 3rd Annual kilt ride 12/8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SFVMC 3rd Annual kilt ride 12/8!

Last year, as I dismounted my bike and adjusted my kilt, a lady walked up to me and asked:

"Is there anything worn under the kilt?"

I gave her a wink and replied:

"No ma'am, it's all in perfect working order!"

That's right, the weather is chilly, the winter winds are starting to blow, that can only mean one thing!

Don yer kilts! We're going for a ride!

Another year has come and gone, and the SF Vamps are ready to show you the true meaning of the term "Tank Slapper"

We will be meeting Saturday, December 8th, 11:00 AM at Red's Java House (Pier 30, Embarcadero @ Bryant, San Francisco).

The rules are simple:

1. Wear a kilt (If you are wearing underwear, you'll be labeled a dress wearing poofter), or a skirt, or something skirt-like (short bathtowels are up for individual approval)
    2. Wear knee armor if you can, we aren't going to be hauling ass, so you shouldn't be crashing, but shit can happen
    3. We won't be lane splitting unless everyone agrees to, and won't be hauling ass (we will be lacking some key protective gear)
    4. Don't crash
    5. If you can strap a pair of riding pants to your bike, do it. At least wear them for the ride to the start point, and for when you leave the pub afterwards
    6. If the group gets split up, we will wait for them, it's not going to be a massive turnout, so we can afford to be chill and let folks regroup.

This year we are taking a new route.

The ride will head up and west through the marina, some chilly riding in the presidio, and into Golden Gate park, where we will be stopping for a bit of competition with a caber toss, then up to Twin Peaks (because it is colder there) where we will pose for copious up-kilt photos. From there we trundle down towards Market, and on to Zeitgeist.

This photo from last year will give you an idea of the weather, and the loonies that were on the ride (which will most likely be completely different this year, the weather that is, lunacy tends to stay constant).

Last edited by Valgar; 12-05-2007, 02:55 PM.
    Can you fly, bobby?

So where in Santa Cruz (or so bay area) can I buy a kilt? I like the modern kilts over the fancy redneck-flannel ones (i.e. utility kilt).
    thanks
    shane

Comment

California
      Daljeets
      1773 Haight Street
      San Francisco CA 94117
      415-668-8500
      http://www.daljeets.com

Listed as an authorized Utilikilt dealer on the Utilikilt website.
      http://www.utilikilts.com/
      "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
      ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to look just like this strapping gentleman...

Truly a champion of fashion for men everywhere!
        Apologies in advance...

Comment

Im starting to get sick, so i'm gonna puss out. Have a good ride y'all.
          "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

They rode like warrior poets.

They rode like Scotsmen.

Apologies in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by Currin View Post
              They rode like warrior poets.

They rode like Scotsmen.

Is that Ted? Boy those are some sexy legs!

Comment

Great ride, thanks.

... will folks be posting pics here?

btw, this is Mick, the lunatic in the kilt, sporran, jacobite shirt, doublet, kilt socks, flashes, etc on the black superhawk.

Mick.

Comment

PICS

The full pics up from this ride yet? BYW thanks everyone for a funtastic ride.

Comment

A few highlights are here: http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...01#post3582101

The rest of the photos are here: http://www.vampiresmc.com/gallery/v/kiltride/2007

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Pink minis must be the latest in Gen-X kilt specifications.
                      http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

I volunteer to help paint the caber plaid for next year.

Comment

I volunteer to get drunk and watch Alicia try to paint the caber.
                          Apologies in advance...

Comment

my pics

Hi Folks,

I had a great time, thanks! I always enjoy riding around SF (both times) and find riding around in a kilt to be really refreshing. I might wear it around just for fun and comfort (not to mention its very stylish).

Anyways, I took a few pics, but most where scenery from the peak or came out blurry.
                            Valgar tossing the caber

Ted tossing the caber

The bikes

Currin showing us how to clear the sidewalks in SF

Comment

Originally posted by Currin View Post
                              I volunteer to get drunk and watch Alicia try to paint the caber.

i volunteer to get drunk with Colin!
                              being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. that is why god made fast motorcycles.

makin love dont make it love.
                              -johnny paycheck

Comment

Working...
                              X