JFR 3-16-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFR 3-16-08

For those who are up for a ride on this coming JFR, I thought I would propose Doc Wong's Clinic for anyone willing to be on the road by 6:30am.

http://www.docwong.com/st-clinc/index.htm

*March 16, 2008 "Cornering Confidence, The Steering Input!" Sunday 9am-2:30pm

Active Life Medical Center
    1391 Woodside Road, Suite 200
    Redwood City, CA

Call Marc @ 408.455.3033 for details, if interested.

I plan on meeting in Scott's Valley around 6am or so, @ the old Denny's (now known as the SV Diner), and leaving about 6:45am.

Feel free to join me, and if anyone had other plans, pertaining to the club or not, please post a reply to this thread.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Dinger; 03-11-2008, 07:04 PM. Reason: content
    "... if you let the fly live, the spider is going to die. You can't save both without one suffering.."
    "Taking on a vampire at night is a mission for morons and fools - which are you?"

"A storm is coming - our storm. And when it comes it will shake the universe."

sigpic
    Kralizec

I'm in.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

I'll be there if I get my bike back from Rich this week
      First poster of 2007.
      First Poster of 2010.

Yes Ladies, I AM the guy your mother warned you about.

Comment

Does the problem still exist with Doc's ride clinics, of squidiots showing up and riding through the groups like it was a track day?
        http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
          Does the problem still exist with Doc's ride clinics, of squidiots showing up and riding through the groups like it was a track day?
          Blame Steve!
          "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
            Yes
            "... if you let the fly live, the spider is going to die. You can't save both without one suffering.."
            "Taking on a vampire at night is a mission for morons and fools - which are you?"

sigpic
            Kralizec

Comment

Ride in B group near the front and everything is fine.

There's still people who just got their first bike thinking they can ride B or A, but they're pretty easy to pass safely.

Comment

O-snap, squids ahoy.

I will be in SF sleeping in that morning and having a leisurely coffee, but thought it might be nice to post up the clinic subject matter & time for those who want to meet you there:

March 16, 2008 "Cornering Confidence, The Steering Input!" Sunday 9am-2:30pm

Active Life Medical Center
                1391 Woodside Road, Suite 200
                Redwood City, CA

Last edited by antipathy; 03-11-2008, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Something has come up, and I will not be doing the riding clinic.
                  Sorry.

sigpic
                  Kralizec

Comment

The Doc Wong ride was mostly uneventful. I ended up running sweep for one of the intermediate/slow groups so I didnt see much over 30 until we hit highway 1. The ride went over Jamison creek, where one of the newer riders in my group lowsided and went off the road and down a steep embankment with his bike. 2-3 hours later we had his bike up . I was getting ready to pick up Elfboy's truck and drive the rider to his place milpenis* but he decided to ride it home. 10' of duct tape later and he was on his way.

I shot some (crappy) cellphone pics of the bike and the crash scene. He asked if I was going to put em up on BARF.

*Milpenis: The crotch of the bay area.
                    Last edited by epim; 03-16-2008, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I decided to pass on the running of the mountain squids and opted for SFMC's Saint Patrick's TT Ride. Clubhouse out to Hwy 1, down to La Honda. Quick drink at Applejack's, up to Alice's, across 35 and back up to Hwy 280. Over to Colma and a pint at Malloy's, the oldest bar I've ever seen. Back over to the clubhouse for Corned Beef and all the fixings.
                      Back down home, total: 262 miles.
                      http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

Bah! You guys should have gone to Hollister with Ted, Jon and I. All the dust you can eat at no extra charge. It was a blast!

We put on 40 miles...

The hard way.
                        "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                        ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Ive been dirt riding once now thanks to Greg and Cindy. I needs me more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
                            The ride went over Jamison creek, where one of the newer riders in my group lowsided and went off the road and down a steep embankment with his bike.
                            huh...
                            If the lights are timed at 35 mph, can we assume they are timed at 70 mph as well???

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
                              The ride went over Jamison creek, where one of the newer riders in my group lowsided and went off the road and down a steep embankment with his bike.
                              glad to hear he is okay.
                              If the lights are timed at 35 mph, can we assume they are timed at 70 mph as well???

Comment

Working...
                              X