Playing with Sidecars....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing with Sidecars....

The season will be ending shortly for Mike and I and the last race of the season falls on DotD weekend. SO, I would like to invite anyone who wants to come out and play on the sidecars and watch the race at Streets of Willow to come down the weekend of October 4th and 5th.

It's about a 3 hour drive for SLO and about 5-6 hours for SC/SF. There should be plenty of rooms at the fabulous Devonshire Inn right in the heart of wonderful Rosamond, CA. (I don't recommend camping at this particular track!)

Hope some of you can make it!!
    Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.

10/4 is a wedding and some blood relative thing I agreed to go to, wont be able to make it.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

[quote=luckygirl;23012]The season will be ending shortly for Mike and I and the last race of the season falls on DotD weekend. SO, I would like to invite anyone who wants to come out and play on the sidecars and watch the race at Streets of Willow to come down the weekend of October 4th and 5th.

Do we get to Monkey the rig and what cost are involved for board and track?. I do not know if the club will let me go, DotD ride and being a prospect, I have work to do for this event. vote: Tim getting killed on a side car or working to death at DotD ride?.
      Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Originally posted by twostroke View Post

Do we get to Monkey the rig and what cost are involved for board and track?. I do not know if the club will let me go, DotD ride and being a prospect, I have work to do for this event. vote: Tim getting killed on a side car or working to death at DotD ride?.
        Actually, this is why I'm inviting folks to come out on OCTOBER 4th and 5th, because DotD is on the last race of the season, which is NOVEMBER 2nd.

Yes, you will get to monkey on Saturday or you can come and watch the race on Sunday. Generally it's about 2pm. It's $10.00 to get in to the track and the motel rooms run about $80.00 per night for two queens. Maybe someone will want to come down with you and split that cost.

Also, I just found out that I'm 5 points away from moving up to 3rd place on the West Coast for the season!!!! Third place in my second season is great. It's not just about taking number one out there when you choose to show up or being able to keep your shit on the track when you choose to maintain it. I'm no Valentino of Sidecars, but I've committed to the races, have a great mechanic and kept it on the track religiously every race.

Hope you all can come out and have some fun with us in October!!!

Comment

Oh?, I missed the date line, My bad and sorry about that. I hope to make this and the DotD. Thanks for the info Sarah.

Comment

Originally posted by luckygirl View Post
            I'm no Valentino of Sidecars

you're no Don Juan of sidecars either
            "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Originally posted by the_grinch View Post
              you're no Don Juan of sidecars either
              your face is no Don Juan of sidecars...

Comment

You're no Juan Valdez of sidecars either...walking down rows of trees picking coffee alongside your rig, dropping beans into a filthy burlap sack on the passenger platform and frightening innocent housewives by randomly appearing in the supermarket hot-breakfast-beverage isle whenever your name is mentioned.

WHATEVER.

I'll buenos días your ass right back to Colombia.

Srsly though, I'm broke as fuck, otherwise I'd seriously consider this.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Originally posted by wackyiraqi View Post
                  You're no Juan Valdez of sidecars either...walking down rows of trees picking coffee alongside your rig, dropping beans into a filthy burlap sack on the passenger platform and frightening innocent housewives by randomly appearing in the supermarket hot-breakfast-beverage isle whenever your name is mentioned.

WHATEVER.

I'll buenos días your ass right back to Colombia.

Srsly though, I'm broke as fuck, otherwise I'd seriously consider this.
                  LMAO, you rock Wacky with your post.

Comment

yeah it sucks that i'm already doing something that weekend. Not only would i like to watch the races, i've always wanted to be a monkey!
                    SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
                    "- Ziad

Comment

Originally posted by SETHZILLA! View Post
                      i've always wanted to be a monkey!
                      (chuckle...snort...snicker)
                      "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                      ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

they swing by their tails with the greatest of ease,
                        those hairy lower life forms we call monkeys,
                        they have so much fun when they play in the trees,
                        oh how i love to be one of these
                        when one monkeys itchy, another is nice
                        he'll pick from his back all the vermin and lice
                        and if he is hungry,he'll shake on some spice
                        and eat the bug without thinking twice

oh,i'm gonna be a monkey
                        Last edited by the_grinch; 09-21-2008, 09:22 AM.
                        "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Working...
                        X