Anyone for a ride Sunday (Aug 7)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for a ride Sunday (Aug 7)?

I just got my 900ss back from Chappie, and I want to spend some quality time with my Italian sweetheart. I'm going for a long ride this Sunday. Anyone want to come along? If you don't remember me, I'm aka Craig, and I was at the June Vampires meeting, and JFR.

I'm planning to do a long loop South. I haven't got the exact route planned, but I'm thinking I'd like to visit Hwy 25 and Carmel Valley Road again, check out G14 and Jolon-San Lucas Rd, and maybe look for some creative ways to and from the area South of Hollister.

I don't ride insanely fast (my comfort level is somewhere below full deathwish squid, especially around blind corners), but I do like to ride quickly in the twisties. OTOH, I try to be a good boy where the cops like to lurk (like major roads and inside town limits). I just paid a lawyer a helluva lot of money to fight a couple tickets for me, and I'd like to avoid getting any more.

This will probably be several hours in the saddle. I have a puny range (I get nervous at 100 miles and desperate at 120), so my own bike is the gating factor on gas stops. I plan to start at 0900. If anyone wants to come along, I'll pick a meeting spot that serves breakfast, and be there at 0800.

If you want to contact me off this board, you can email me at fathom at armory dot com. For some reason, the mail facility of this BBS isn't able to get mail to that address, so you'll have to mail me there directly.

Re: Anyone for a ride Sunday (Aug 7)?

i would be into that
    it sounds like we have a similar riding style
    however,i damaged my forks yesterday and i am unsure if i will have them fixed by then(dont know what i will need for parts)i am going to tear them down today if i get the chance

"We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

I'll be leaving from the Santa Cruz Diner on Ocean St. at 9 AM. Be there at 8 if you want to have breakfast with me. I'm a skinny guy with long hair and short, full-coverage facial hair, and my motorcycle gear is all black leather. I also have a black helmet, a black neck scarf, and a black 1996 Ducati 900SS/CR. If you can't find me, get a brighter light. :-)

Comment

i will try not to flake
        "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Originally posted by the_grinch
          i will try not to flake
          Try "Head-n-Shoulders".

Comment

Thanks to all who came along. Thanks to Mr. B for the great tan! ;-)

Two Stroke deserves extra special thanks, for going *way* above and beyond to rescue a fellow biker in need - and one he only just met, who might be an axe murderer for all he knows (okay, I've never *seen* Mr. B. murder anyone with an axe... but there's got to be something wrong with a grown man who's that attached to Vespas). If Tim wants to join the Vampires, I think you folks would be fools not to let him. He'd be a benefit to any group.

Comment

Originally posted by Ix
              who might be an axe murderer for all he knows (okay, I've never *seen* Mr. B. murder anyone with an axe... but there's got to be something wrong with a grown man who's that attached to Vespas).
              i know where a few of the bodies are buried.....

BTW- how's hilary? anyone? did she attend the ride?

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_j

i know where a few of the bodies are buried.....

BTW- how's hilary? anyone? did she attend the ride?
                Sorry,Hilary Clinton was just Bobben around and did'nt show.

Comment

um, right. hillary is my dog, who is currently in the care of mr. b while i am in australia. i refer you to pics from the vamp rally. lots of pics of the two of us.

Comment

dog is fine,at Your moms house last I heard,Mr.B and I forgot to stop in after getting back after the ride on the 7th.

Comment

Working...
                    X