Convergence: Portland, May 25-27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convergence: Portland, May 25-27th

I'm posting this to gauge interest on a possible group ride to attend Convergence 13 in Portland over Memorial Day weekend.

In my own words, Convergence is like a goth/industrial convention held in a different city across the country each year. It's an event spawned via the old usenet newsgroup alt.gothic. They have concerts at night, outings and events held each day. A little something for every interest, plus lots of eye candy. There is a central hotel that most guests stay at, as well as excellent hotel parties in the evening.

I last attended Convergence in 2005 when it was held in San Diego. I happened to run into Vampire CARL who was working the event, as well as some other Santa Cruz locals like Vanessa & her beau.

In addition, as of an hour ago, it was just announced that FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY is headlining the event on Saturday night. To give you an example of some of the surprises that Convergence can pull in, Peter Murphy played a surprise set at the Seattle convergence in 2000. That was a rare treat - totally unannounced.

Anyway, check it out and let me know if you might be wiling and interested in doing a road trip up North to check this out. I've been all over Oregon but never as far as Portland. Moike & Sarah's photos from their last trip up there made me totally want to check it out.

http://www.altgothic.com/c13portland/

I posted the wrong url for the website - here is the official, frequently updated, event site:

http://www.convergence13.com/

Comment

The Vampires 1st Annual "kick a goth ride"
      --
      Keith Seric Maynard
      http://www.seric.com

Comment

Sorry, I'm already planning to hitch a ride with my parents:

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

What's awesome about that photo is that you know his MOM took it.

Comment

sounds like fun, jot me down for maybe
            "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Converagance is a cool gig. In fact one of the Vampires (Carl) helped put on 11 (or was it 12 I can't recall). Not sure if he's going to it this year, but I'm sure he can point out some regulars/folks who are going.
              I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Cyndi and I are planning on going...

Comment

Originally posted by Creech View Post
                  Cyndi and I are planning on going...
                  Oh, thank God! This means that if you guys go, Adrian and Kristen will probably go and Mike will have no excuse this year to drag me BAYCON!

Can I get an AMEN!
                  Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.

Comment

actually K is staff this year at Baycon so no luck there...

Comment

Baycon is the same weekend?
                      Sarah, I will drag you up so you can show us all the cool stuff in Portland.

Comment

No offense, but it would be like me dragging Mike to a Skinhead convention. I'm sure Mike would just love to talk about Ska, kickin' ass and the Spirit of '69 all weekend.
                        Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.

Comment

Originally posted by antipathy View Post
                          Baycon is the same weekend?
                          yep. http://baycon.org/2007/index.php

Comment

I usually go to Eureka for that weekend to watch the Kinetic race and hang out for my birthday. I'm not allowed in Oregon for another 4 years. Let me know when you are leaving and I'll ride with you upto Eureka. one of my favorite routes is to super slab it to Redding and take a back highway to Fortuna. HWY 160 I think. Or, just stay on 1 through the redwoods. Let me know.
                            First poster of 2007.
                            First Poster of 2010.

Yes Ladies, I AM the guy your mother warned you about.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.B View Post
                              I I'm not allowed in Oregon for another 4 years.
                              Ur, Why aren't you allowed back in oregon? What'd you do, donkeypunch the governor?

-James
                              "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Working...
                              X