SLO to Sonic on 5/24/08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLO to Sonic on 5/24/08

I know its a long shot for most of you BUT I'm doing the SLO to Sonic ride again this Saturday.

It will be a great opportunity to do the group photo and cover some nice roads. It is cooling down right now and should be very pleasant on Saturday to ride inland.

LEAVING IT’S A GRIND AT 10:00AM
    TOTAL: 5 HOUR RIDE
    120 MILES TO GAS STOP

Let me know if you’re coming!

You should do a group ride to the Sonic in Tracy.

Comment

What's SONIC?
      Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
      Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

it's like Fosters but WAY more corporate.

clicky here
        SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
        "- Ziad

Comment

Originally posted by beauregard View Post
          What's SONIC?
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0C3yPkE42s

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

well since you put it that way Ziad, i'm totally down to get some of that!
            SETHZILLA!

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
            "- Ziad

Comment

Wouldn't it be a lot more sensible to just walk across the street to the Fosters Freeze and eat there?

You neglected to mention where the Sonic is that you are riding to but never the less I wouldn't ride 5 hours for fast food.
              "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
              ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

sonic is fast food. but in this case its mostly a destination. we ride accross the best parts of hwy 58. riding time is only 1.5 hours each way. but with stops, and bs-ing, i figure we will be back in about 5 hours.

i do like me some tator-tots though.

Originally posted by Rotten View Post
                Wouldn't it be a lot more sensible to just walk across the street to the Fosters Freeze and eat there?

You neglected to mention where the Sonic is that you are riding to but never the less I wouldn't ride 5 hours for fast food.
                If the lights are timed at 35 mph, can we assume they are timed at 70 mph as well???

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten View Post

dito
                  being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. that is why god made fast motorcycles.

makin love dont make it love.
                  -johnny paycheck

Comment

Never-Fucking-Mind. I ride all the time. I just try to be considerate and invite people along on my rides.

I'm riding to Sonic because IMO it's a great excuse to ride Hwy 58 all the way to Bakersfield and because it's FUN.

I'm going to be putting 250 miles of beautiful twisties and perfect straights on my bike this Saturday. What are you doing?

Comment

I guess they're eating tofu and sprouts... 8)

I'm busy this weekend but sounds like it'll be a fun ride, regardless of the food consumed
                      Last edited by elfboy; 05-21-2008, 11:07 AM.
                      I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Hey faggots: it's not about the destination, it's about the RIDE.

Someone ride to Sonic with April. It sounds like fun, and I'm sure there's got to be something else to eat on the other side.

Pack a fucking sandwich for christ's sake.
                        Last edited by wackyiraqi; 05-21-2008, 10:55 AM.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

i'll like to go but cannot ride yet. on a side note i am able to place my arm on the handlebar from sitting on the seat, but cannot support any weight on the shoulder yet.
                          SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

Originally posted by Little Red Rodent View Post

I'm going to be putting 250 miles of beautiful twisties and perfect straights on my bike this Saturday. What are you doing?

Catching up on the sleep missed riding 350 miles last weekend.

So the ride ends in Bakersfield? Probably some decent grub there some where.
                            Last edited by Rotten; 05-21-2008, 12:24 PM.
                            "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                            ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Just think of it as a SoCal sushi run type of ride. I'll be doing a sierra ride this weekend (incl. Mosquito Ridge Rd) but the heat will make me long for a Sonic strawberry lemonade I'm sure. Have a great time!

Comment

Working...
                              X