No announcement yet.

4th of July concert in Pozo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't take a street bike on High Mountain Road... NFW.
    Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
    Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

So are you saying my RTP isn't a good bike for High Mountain Road?

If not, I would guess myself and others would either need to find a hotel or something.

Sethzilla! are you still up in SF? If so I might make the trip up to SF to watch British GP, (with maybe a stop in SJ for the Italian bike show). Otherwise I'll be sending a payment to Beau.

Comment

The road to the campground is accessable by 4x4 or dual-sports WITH KNOBBIES, even then if you don't have off-road experiance you might want to skip it.

STEEP GRADES, RUTS,TIGHT SWITCHBACKS, LOOSE ROCK/SAND/GRAVEL

RTP NFW.
        Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

im sure lodging wont be a problem. worst case scenario chez AL is always 22 friendly...
          being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. that is why god made fast motorcycles.

makin love dont make it love.
          -johnny paycheck

Comment

I still have approximately 20 tickets left. If anyone else is interested in purchasing some post on here with a payment to Beau's paypal and i'll set them aside for you.

There are about 9 SC/SF Vamps coming down to the show! rad

My opinion on the difficulty of High Mountain Road was greatly diminished when i saw my friends lowered 1930 sedan cruise up and over the entire thing, (11 Miles end to end over a lot harder with numerous creek crossings), virtually unscathed.

That being said, if you don't want to take a street bike on a twisty dirt road i fully understand.

We will have my gear truck available to take gear and maybe people in the bed up the mountain afterwards. It will be bumpy and dusty but you can leave your bike at the saloon with our band equipment trailer overnight where they will be locked up.
            Last edited by SETHZILLA!; 06-23-2008, 07:48 AM.
            SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
            "- Ziad

Comment

Paypal sent to Beau.

Thanks Seth, I'm looking forward to the trip.

Comment

Hrm...

Two up, at night, while tired after riding all day, on a dirt road...

If it was just me, I would do it, I'm not going to take that chance with Janelle on the back, if she gets hurt, it can completely fuck up her summer school schedule, and that would fuck up her grad school, and that would fuck up her career.

Now, if I had the DRZ....

I'll find a room down near the venue today.
                Can you fly, bobby?

Comment

I didn't realize the show started at 5pm.

I adjusted the times in my post above, so we leave at 8am from SF and 10am from Hollister.

Leaving an hour earlier will also help us beat some of the heat.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Hey Dave, nearest hotel is SLO or (Al's place) she can ride up in the truck with me if you decide to camp.
                    SETHZILLA!

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
                    "- Ziad

Comment

Originally posted by SETHZILLA! View Post
                      1 ticket for Marc
                      1 ticket for Dylan
                      And 1 for Shane.... and fuck it, 1 for me too.

Zilla, come get your $100.00

Comment

I snagged a room in paso robles (yeah a little haul from pozo), Janelle has to work the next day anyhow, so we will be needing to make a mad dash back home to SF.
                        Can you fly, bobby?

Comment

Beau, do you think my bike can make the dirt trek?
                          "... if you let the fly live, the spider is going to die. You can't save both without one suffering.."
                          "Taking on a vampire at night is a mission for morons and fools - which are you?"

"A storm is coming - our storm. And when it comes it will shake the universe."

sigpic
                          Kralizec

Comment

For those unable to make SLO, don't forget me and Melissa are having our annual July 4th BBQ.

*Due to extreme fire awareness we may have to save all launches for after dark at the beach. (Not applicable for Dry-Ice)
                            http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Dinger View Post
                              Beau, do you think my bike can make the dirt trek?
                              Nope.

Zilla has a distorted perception of on v. off road.

Comment

Originally posted by beauregard View Post
                                Nope.

Zilla has a distorted perception of on v. off road.
                                indeed i do, see avatar.
                                SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

Working...
                                X