• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austerity Measures - Sun 1/29/12 (4 Corners) Arrive by 10AM, KSU 10:05AM

Details and RSVP === >HERE !!!

• When: Sunday 1/29/12, Arrive by 10:00 AM, KSU 10:05 AM

• Where: Meet at Four Corners Parking Lot
    Inside the parking lot at corner of Skyline and Hwy 9
    (Meet inside the parking lot at corner of Skyline and Hwy 9. Arrive with a full tank and empty bladder. There are no services at 4 Corners.)

• Pace: Not too slow. Not too fast. Just ride.

• Gear: Head to toe. It'll be cold, so wear layers.

• Motorcycle: Yes, please bring it with you ;-)

• Route: ~ 130 (+/-) miles of the great backroads roads in 650, 408 and 831 area codes.

(Tentative: Skyline, Zayante, Granite Creek, Branciforte, Mtn. View, Laurel Glen, Coffee/Rest Stop @ Soquel-San Jose. Continue on Soquel-San Jose to Highland, Eureka Canyon, Corralitos. Stop at Corralitos Market for Lunch. After lunch, Menran's secret mini loop. After a gas stop, take Browns Valley, Hazel Del, Mt. Madonna, Pole Line, Hecker Pass, Watsonville, Sycamore, Oak Glen, Uvas, McKean, Almaden Rd, Hicks, Shannon, End @ Peet's Coffee, Los Gatos Blvd & Blossom Hill around 3:30)

Note: RAIN WILL POSTPONE THE RIDE

Words of Wisdom:

~ Proper gear, a working machine and gas in the tank is highly recommended.
    ~ Ride within your comfort zone and leave room for bad karma.
    ~ I may pass slower traffic when it's safe. You don't have to. Remember, someone will wait for you at turns, so just relax and have fun.
    ~ I maintain the Pace according to road conditions with safety of all riders in mind. Be mindful of others in the group. Let faster riders get ahead of you by moving to the right and signaling them to pass you. And if you want to pass the rider(s) who are in front of you, make sure to do so safely and without startling them.
    ~ Keep an eye for the rider(s) behind you so they won't take a wrong turn. If they get lost, you'll buy their lunch

Dang, didn't read this until just now. I actually live off zayante. I heard a bunch of bikes roll past and briefly considered gearing up and chasing 'em down.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

I also would've warned you that BATS just patched a bunch of potholes and dumped gravel everywhere. Hope nobody crashed.
      "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Must've been us

Pics here: http://www.groupridesforum.net/photos/all_photos/?photoAlbumId=5705372

Samples below:

Comment

Working...
        X