knife sharpening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knife sharpening

any suggestions for where? with the amount of use it gets, my Benchmade needs it every month or two...
    Originally posted by the_grinch
    ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
    Originally posted by Beauregard
    give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

I'm sure one of the guys in SLO can teach you how to do it yourself. Otherwise I'd ask anyone you know who works in a kitchen. Usually there's someone in any given area that drives around to do all the local Chef's knives.
    --
    Keith Seric Maynard
    http://www.seric.com

Comment

Seriously?

Seth?

SETH?

SEEEEEEEEEAAAAAATH?

Teach your prospect how to sharpen a knife.
      Last edited by the_grinch; 10-28-2009, 08:10 AM.
      "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

dude, seth is busy collecting skulls and endangered species for our annual sacrifice to the war god.
        being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. that is why god made fast motorcycles.

makin love dont make it love.
        -johnny paycheck

Comment

No brain required.

http://www.lanskysharpeners.com/LKC03.php
          "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
          ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

I have a lansky set, works great. I also have a spider co tri-angle "sharpmaker" which works surprisingly well.
            "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

I've had an Edgemaker for many years, bought at a gun show. Works well enough and it can sharpen serrated blades. A good set of honing stones is also worth having.
              "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

I just intimidate my blade into sharpening itself. A razor sharp edge never holds up for any repetitive cutting thats why i use a utility edge and a knife with a high carbon blade. Carbon will retain it's edge longer than other metals. Lansky makes good sharpeners, and yes i can show you how to do it with a sharpening stone if you'd like.

I'm not on here everyday so if you want to get ahold of me call me first.
                SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
                "- Ziad

Comment

I carry one of these, when it needs sharpening, I reverse the blade. When that needs sharpening, I throw the blade in the trash and put in a new one.

--
                  Keith Seric Maynard
                  http://www.seric.com

Comment

i carry one of these when i work at best buy. Does what it is supposed to do and thats it. When i'm out and about i carry the 2-legged bear gutter. It does it all and then some.
                    SETHZILLA!

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
                    "- Ziad

Comment

2 legged bear gutter? that's hot.
                      sigpic

Originally posted by epim
                      Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
                      The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Comment

I have a rock, works well.
                        Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Originally posted by samatye View Post
                          2 legged bear gutter? that's hot.
                          here it is; Look down the page for the Extra Large Tanto point and thats mine. Videos are fun and visceral.
                          SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

Originally posted by SETHZILLA! View Post
                            here it is; Look down the page for the Extra Large Tanto point and thats mine. Videos are fun and visceral.
                            what page?
                            "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

this page http://www.coldsteel.com/voyagerseries.html
                              SETHZILLA!

"- Ziad

Comment

Working...
                              X