Branciforte speed trap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branciforte speed trap

If anyone rides on Branciforte between Goss and De Laveaga park, beware! There is a highway Patrol that parks just past Glen Canyon road going tword market street. Most people dont know that if you are going twords De Laveaga park the speed limit is 35, but if you are going twords Market street (and HWY 1), the speed limit is 25! He parks just behind a bend and uses his radar. I know, he got me doing 70 in a 25! He even showed me, ouch! He will nail you going either direction and is usually there in the AM hours. He's not a total dick, he cut me slack because i was so dumb and in such disbelief that my bike even went that fast.
    Eric SV1000S (Hee Hee)
    You Suck

Re: Branciforte speed trap

I commute from Glen Canyon via B40 daily and passed him doing 45 on Fri. and then 50 last Mon.. He made no attempt to stop me 'tho. Maybe you made me look good by comparison.

Comment

He is pretty cool. He only wrote me for 50 in a 35, so I cant complain, theres a few bones (no pun intended, Bone) he saved me. The only reason he is there is because of the Sherriff that moved in that little row of houses was crying people are going way too fast.
      Have you ever trying to go 25mph on that stretch? Its almost like going backwards. Its weird, I felt like a big target.
      You Suck

Comment

Originally posted by u_cant_prove_it
        <snip>...
        Have you ever trying to go 25mph on that stretch? Its almost like going backwards. Its weird, I felt like a big target.
        Of course you do realize now, that the next time we have a Slow Race at one of our events, you'll be the first guy on the grid.

Comment

I might not do all that bad, I cant reach the ground on my bike, so I am used to stopping without touching. By the sound of the name of the race, I may stand a chance. The only good thing about being 5' tall.
          You Suck

Comment

LOW center of gravity!

Comment

I guess I need platform riding boots or let the air out of my tires. I just figured if I gained enough weight, the bike would continue to get lower and lower until I could touch the ground, maybe with both feet someday. But now, I'm too fat and it's harder to climb up to the seat.
              You Suck

Comment

Originally posted by Goose
                I commute from Glen Canyon via B40 daily and passed him doing 45 on Fri. and then 50 last Mon.. He made no attempt to stop me 'tho. Maybe you made me look good by comparison.

Well Goose, probably has something to do with your bike being silver and looking like mine  :P
                I think that speed is rediculous for that stretch and so do so many others. They will cut you slack, but as he (johnny law) said, 70 pushing it.
                I can understand your road being 25, its pretty tight and mostly 1 lane, but even Glen Canyon is 35. So B-40 should be the same. My opinion, thats all.
                You Suck

Comment

No, Im not stalking you guys, I happen to live about 4 houses down from where you turn off my road. I just happen to notice every bike on my road. I only stalk midgets and Eminem now, oh yeah, and my wife (even though she asked me to stop it, a few times, OK 9 or 10). Like that little piece of paper is going to stop me, the voices voted, its on!
                  You Suck

Comment

OK, hows this, now its 25mph going both ways on BF, but they dragged a tree in front of the sign so you cant see that they changed it. Why didnt they just have Rosco out there popping the sign up after you drive by. This ought to make it funner in court now.
                    You Suck

Comment

Working...
                    X