X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My London travels!

Greeting from Amsterdam

Vampires and friends,

Just a quick hello to let everyone know I DO check the forum everyone once and a while. Hopefully you've gotten my rambling postcards to share for the next meeting.

I checked out some of the pictures of the pirate ride posted on BARF and that looked like a great time. I'm bummed I missed it.

I've been posting pictures of what I'm up to, if you've got some free time feel free to check them out:

There's three pages from September there, plus more from last month.

I've been up to a ton of stuff lately, but to sum it up real quick...

If you got my postcard, then you know I hit up Ace Cafe London for 2005 Reunion night. I was bummed I had to take the Tube there, and I didn't feel anywhere as cool as everyone else without my bike, but I still had a great time checking out the vintage Triumphs, Nortons and BSA and drinkin' beer. There were even a few choppers, just for Beau. If anyone wants any more Ace Cafe Merch, let me know and I'll gladly pick it up for you, plus I think I'm going to grab one of their posters for the clubhouse.

Last Friday was my first trip out of London to Amsterdam. Green water canals, Dutch people, true European culture
    (the Brits aren't European, according to them), the red light district, coffee shops that sell pot...wow, it was all overwhelming. Rev and Bill would've felt at home, and everytime I walked the redlight district Beau's $20 in NY story kept replaying itself.

No, there was no junk involved.

But I have to say, I'm disappointed on the fact that most of the town's center is extremely "cheap touristy" with tons of shops selling the same knick-knacks, every other coffee shop emblazened with a picture of Bob Marley, and pay museums that are more for entertainment than information. I got the feeling that this was the Tiajuana of Europe, but with classier architecture.

I did get to check out the Torture Museum, The Stedjelinik (tons of cool modern art) and the Van Gogh museum, with which I was ever-so-slightly disappointed. Oh, and I found my favorite scooter there. Honda makes the DYLAN 150. Kick ass!

I'm excited about my trip for our break in October (the 21st - 30th) where I'll be hitting up Venice and Rome in Italy, and then head off to Barcelona, Spain for a few days.

Carl, weren't you going to be in Italy sometime soon? Beau, still hitting up London?

Anyway, I miss Santa Cruz and riding a lot. Feel free to write me via email:

Or even better, send me a letter or a postcard:

Take care, drop me a line, and until next time...

------D
    P.S., if this post is too long, boring, or lame, just let me know and I'll stick to sending everyone emails.
    Last edited by SatanCruz; 03-03-2008, 01:54 PM. Reason: my name kept showing up on google...

Re: My London travels!

"[The] Tiajuana of Europe, but with classier architecture."

Wow, how incredebly well put. We miss you too Dillon.
    Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
    Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Glad to hear all is well. Hope to see you real soon. Keep having fun in the mean time.

Comment

Two postcards from Dylan are down in the bar.
        T.

Comment

I'll have to check thoughs out soon tim.

Comment

Working...
          X