X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth-enabled motorcycle helmet is revving up

From the Mercury News...

Bluetooth-enabled motorcycle helmet is revving up

We're not sure how we feel about motorcyclists yakking on their mobile phones while weaving in and out of rush-hour traffic.

But if you can't resist the urge to reach out and touch someone while you're two-wheeling, you may as well do it in style. Toward that end, Motorola and helmet-maker Momodesign will soon release the first Bluetooth-enabled motorcycle helmet.

The HS830 Bluetooth Helmet Headset will allow riders to leave their mobile phones in their coat pockets or backpacks and still make and receive phone calls. Most of the important functions -- answering and ending calls, redialing, voice dialing and setting the volume -- can be done from the cover of the helmet through the Bluetooth wireless connection.

A noise-reducing microphone minimizes traffic and wind noise.

Talk time is as much as five hours with 100 hours of standby time.

Best of all, bikers don't need to break off their conversations when they hop off their choppers. The headset module can be quickly detached from the helmet and hung around a person's neck without interrupting the call.

Motorola also plans to sell the headset as an aftermarket kit. So if Momo helmets don't get your engines racing, you can attach the headset to your own helmet.

The Momo helmet is expected to be available sometime in early 2005.

For more information, go to www.

momodesign.com.

Re: Bluetooth-enabled motorcycle helmet is revving

Available Now! I just picked one up from -www.gottagoblue.com - met these guys at MotoGP

Comment

WTF?? why on earth would you ever WANT to talk on a cell phone while riding? is nothing sacred anymore? so much for "hang up and drive, asshole". i see motorcycle accidents going up. i say no f*cking way.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_j
        WTF?? why on earth would you ever WANT to talk on a cell phone while riding? is nothing sacred anymore? so much for "hang up and drive, asshole". i see motorcycle accidents going up. i say no f*cking way.

+1. Then again, I've never owned a cell phone in the first place.

Comment

screw the cellphones...just bluetooth speakers would be nice

I want it so I don't have headphone cords hanging out of my helmet anymore...
          I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Originally posted by elfboy

And all this time I thought those were safety cables to hold you down to the bike........Go figure
            I thought it was kinda dangerous to strap your helmet to the bike and not your pants or jacket. I just figured it worked well for the naked ride*, so you kept it like that. Come on, think about it, you would only have a couple choices of where to tie down, right?

*This does not imply that the Vampires MC, Inc. approve or encourage anyone to ride naked. There is no affiliation between The Naked Ride and the Vampires MC, Inc. The participants are acting on their own and are not reprsentatives of the Vampires MC, inc. and do not take credit for The naked Ride and the actions of their participants.
            You Suck

Comment

Originally posted by elfboy

Most deffinatly... Though, I wouldn't mind the cell phone either.

On that note, AutoCom (and I believe ChatterBox as well) made noise about blue-enabled versions of their products coming soon; as well as adapters for existing owners of older models. We'll see what actually happens with it.

I once tried to tear-apart and rebuild a set of home wireless (rf, not IR) headphones into my helmet. Yeah... That was an expensive failure of a project.

.C

Comment

Originally posted by Pollux

I once tried to tear-apart and rebuild a set of home wireless (rf, not IR) headphones into my helmet. Yeah... That was an expensive failure of a project.

.C
                It just so happen, my uncle Steve (GSXR1000) who wires all the cop cars for lights, radios, etc also does their helmets. Its kinda scarey to listen to how its done, but he does them all the time and they turn out perfect every time. Im sure he wouldnt mind helping someone mod their helmet.
                If you aren't sure who I'm talking about, maybe this describes him best-
                You Suck

Comment

And here all along I thought this GSXR-1K guy was just a co-worker buddy. You telling us he's La Familia?...

So when is Uncle Steve going to be able to assist me in installing a 100 watt Dynamax Static Air Horn onto the DRZ?  8)

Comment

His uncle is funny! The guy read in the GSXR manual "Top speed 180mph" so he comes to Perg all mad!! Dammit it tops at 177mph... hahahaha.. Crazy people!!!!!!

Comment

Oh,I see now, it's not a pic of the shuttel launch,sparks and all,it's a info-mercial on how to rig hemets with a sound system. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by French Mille-R Lover
                        His uncle is funny! The guy read in the GSXR manual "Top speed 180mph" so he comes to Perg all mad!! Dammit it tops at 177mph... hahahaha.. Crazy people!!!!!!
                        Thats a big fat lie! He doesnt know how to read. Ah Ha, you thought you were so slick.
                        Actaually, truth be told, I had to ride it so I can tell him how fast it goes. Anything over 130 at his age could kill him.
                        But, you are right, it does not do 180mph. Maybe they have little Asia women testing them? I had this feeling when I was topping off at 170, I said to myself "If I was just a little Asian woman, I would be doing 180"
                        serious, thats what I said, weird? hu?
                        You Suck

Comment

Working...
                        X