Leathers:Cow,Roo,1pc.,2pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leathers:Cow,Roo,1pc.,2pc

I want to get some,can anyone help with Pros & Cons, I'am 15+ years out of this tech. What extra gear ?,what's new?.

Re: Leathers:Cow,Roo,1pc.,2pc

To quote Rossi "Cow eeez not az strrrong, kangoolloo eez vely strong"

Comment

O.K.,Rossi had his say,Now what You say?. I have taken what Seric had to say about RoadRider in and found out much about the Gear We have today, Thanks Much Seric!!. Any more?. Thanks

Comment

OK, I'm sure I'm going against the grain here, but I prefer 2 piece. Back in the day, I went out and spent the money for a 1 piece and it was a pain in the ass getting in and out of and uncomfortable ass hell. Now you can go spend $2,500 and have one made to fit, and be more comfortable -but late summer, up on skyline or where ever you may roam, you cant stop riding because if you do, you will melt in your $2,500 Suzie Bake oven you are wearing. You can now see that suit on my uncle Steve on the 2004 GSXR. Anyway, my opinion - Save the one piece suits for the track
        Now, Two piece allows:
        Mix matching jacket / pants.
        Light jacket on hot day, Heavy on cold, etc. :-/
        Allows you to remove your jacket when stopped (cool down)
        If quick run down to Perg - Jeans and your leather jacket 8)
        Wanna impress the hotties, leather pants, no jacket :P
        Real squid - Leather pants, No shirt!!! (works at home too)
        Wanna impress Beau, Leather Jacket, no pants
        Get a few jackets, switch them around all the time, gives the impression you got several riding suits - Bling Bling
        And my personal favorite.........
        Zip the jacket and pants together and you got a one piece
        , like I did today, and last week end.
        Now what you make it (sew it, not make-out-with Cow or Kangaroo)out of, I dont have any real opinion other than I would imaging the Kangaroo would be a little $$$$$$$$$$, unless you can get Nick to bag a couple for you and smuggle them back in his heiny.
        I've see your Aprilia rocket and watched you tear up the asphalt, but I still think Cow would keep all your pieces together. Hell, look at crash they did everything but sew handles onto his bodybag, oops, I mean suit, it even says "CRASH" right on it.
        Theres my two cents, I know its not as valuble advice as Mr. Rossi had to offer, but are you going to be on the track with him, or doing 2 hour long cafe rides like the rest of us?
        You Suck

Comment

believe it or not, roo is fairly cheep around here. a good quality jacket in the bike shop is $200AUD. thats for roo. a cow 1 piece is going for $3000AUD. thats from allstar(?). the same guys who made andrews boots. the roo pants go for about the same as the jackets. hell, the standard cop uniform here is combat (style) boots, roo jacket, and leather ball cap (probably roo too...). if anyone wants actual numbers to think about, lemmie know.

Comment

Good Stuff Boys!,I know the track time will have to wait ti'll I'am asleep but the two hour stuff I'am always game 24-7 . What about just leather shoes,no pants,and no shirt? ;D

Comment

I agree that the "two pieces" is more convenient. I also checked and it is accepted for CLASS or other track courses (should you be interested) Also most of my friends who have a one piece had to have it tailored/customized in the lower back.. Cost a lot. Two pieces adjust to your change of weight etc... and they are easy to zip together.
              PS Try to roll down a one piece suit in the bathrooms at Perg... the line at the door is going to be longer & longer...

Comment

here, i found a couple of web sites for roo-leather.

http://werple.net.au/~gary/jackets-m.htm
                http://www.blackmax.com.au/
                http://www.rivers.com.au/links/australian_fashion.htm
                http://www.motorcycles.bmw.com.au/index.asp

check out the new streetbikes on the bmw site....

Comment

That has to be just about the GAYEST shit I have ever seen. How old is that site anyway?

And since when the hell did Hurricanes ever come with center stands?

Comment

Originally posted by Goose

That has to be just about the GAYEST shit I have ever seen. How old is that site anyway?

Maybe you just weren't cool enough to ask or check the box that said "Center Stand Option" Mr. Smartie pants.

And what in the hell are you talking about? Gay my ass!
                    I couldnt decide between the Amaroo because I know I am going to look just like Tom Cruise
                    or the Aged Brando And this one is going to make me look just like ......Tom Cruise,
                    So I got both!
                    I am so going to get all the chicks in this shit.
                    Anyone know how long it takes for this shit to get here?

This shit is sweeeeet.  ;D   ;D   ;D
                    I am getting the western too because I know it will turn on the wife, Yeee Haaaw!

OK, I was fucking kidding, this has got to be the worst motorcycle anything site have ever seen. I need to go rinse my eyes out now with battery acid now or go watch Threes Company.

I vote we banish Dirty_J from the site forever!!!
                    You Suck

Comment

Originally posted by u_cant_prove_it
                      I vote we banish Dirty_J from the site forever!!!
                      thats a little extreme. this place is stuck in the late '70's- early '80's. i hate to say it, but this shit is the height of fashion (not that i agree...). it was a local biker here that told me to look on that site.

p.s.- my visa wont be renewed. im coming home. to pledge. again.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose
                        um, wasn't it you that sent me a link with a hurricane on a center stand? it is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_j

thats a little extreme. this place is stuck in the late '70's- early '80's. i hate to say it, but this shit is the height of fashion (not that i agree...). it was a local biker here that told me to look on that site.

p.s.- my visa wont be renewed. im coming home. to pledge. again.
                          Have you tried Master Card?
                          You Suck

Comment

trying to tell me im not welcome?

Comment

Originally posted by dirty_j
                              trying to tell me im not welcome?
                              Im giving you shit, If I didnt, you wouldnt miss us asshole! See, makes you all teary eyed doesnt it?
                              You Suck

Comment

Working...
                              X