Headphones,Ear Buds,In ear Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones,Ear Buds,In ear Monitors

I would like to listen to My 8 tracks while riding,1st,is this legal?,2nd, what is a good pair that blocks noise like ear plugs and sounds good?.

Re: Headphones,Ear Buds,In ear Monitors

You mean you have 8 songs or you plan on installing an actual 8 track player on your Aprilia? I dont know if you heard about this cool new media called mp3. Alot smaller and lighter and you variety of music would be a little better on an mp3 player. Now if you just cant live without your 8 track's, I have a line on some that were shoved away on a shelf and just recently(last couple of years) pulled out. They wont give you any kind of warranty because they are concerned that the belts may have dried out after 25-30 years. I purchased one myself, brand spankin new in the box and it worked wonderfully, right before I shoved it back in the box. I have big plans for mine.
    As far as your question, single earphone only is whats allowed, but I think that works with your mono 8 track player.
    You can verify that on the AMA website or ask our vise president, he is suppose to know all that AMA stuff:
    http://home.ama-cycle.org/amaccess/l...t.asp?state=CA
    You Suck

Comment

Nice link,I had know Idea.

Comment

Endorsed with a thumbs up by Andrew, I purchased the Sony's "Fontopia" ear bud headphones two years ago. They do a great job blocking out a lot of the road noise, while allowing your MP3's to pound your ear drums!
        Back when we bought ours, the price was just over $50.00.
        Today they're between $30-$40 depending where you shop online.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...FontopiaEarbud

http://www.smarter.com/search.php?ca..._sony_fontopia

Comment

Jason.. Do these things use batteries?.. I shopped for noise cancelling headphones and most of them, including the Sony ear buds style ones were using batteries to create the counter noise.. They are good at blocking bass sounds like airplane or bike engine, but how do they do with other sounds you actually need to hear for safety reasons? Somehow the batteries equiped once feel too complicated when riding... Do yours only have the extra rubber looking buds to block the sound?.. I want to try to ride with the MD player or iPod shuffle..
          PS The sony ones were like $150.

Comment

Originally posted by French Mille-R Lover
            Jason.. Do these things use batteries?..
            Everything good in life uses batteries, ask your girlfriend, Im sure she will agree.
            You Suck

Comment

Originally posted by u_cant_prove_it
              Everything good in life uses batteries, ask your girlfriend, Im sure she will agree.  
              Eric... I have no idea how women (or should I say A woman in particular) can resist your charms. You are so sensitive, subtle and refined. But I give you that, without batteries I m not sure what we would do with our collection of rabbit habit, impulse crystal rabbit, love bunny, bunny hop, cyberbunny, venus butterfly 2, pearl butterfly, light up butterfly and impulse 5+ micro butterfly..  

Comment

Jason.. Do these things use batteries?..
                The Sony earbuds I bought don't use batteries. They rely on the rubber folds of the ear piece to block out the background noise.

I m not sure what we would do with our collection of rabbit habit, impulse crystal rabbit, love bunny, bunny hop, cyberbunny, venus butterfly 2, pearl butterfly, light up butterfly and impulse 5+ micro butterfly..
                I think your toy collection rivals my DVD collection ! ;D

Comment

Heard "Shure" had better products than Sony.
                  http://www.shurestore.com/earphones/index.html

The Sony (with counter sound, about $100) ones I saw at Fry's:

Sony MDR-NC11
                  Noise Canceling Fontopia ® Ear-bud Headphones

(10dB) when the noise canceling circuit is switched on. In addition, its 9mm driver units produce powerful sound for your listening enjoyment. So tune out noise at work, when you travel, or even when you are trying to sleep in a loud environment.
                  The Noise Canceling circuit actually senses outside noise with built-in microphones and sends an equal-but-opposite canceling signal to the headphones. The Noise Canceling on/off switch located on the battery box indicates when Noise Canceling is operating. Additional features include the Fontopia® in-the-ear design, Volume control, and a Miniature connection box for AAA battery. Silence outside sound with Sony.

Features:

Noise Canceling Headphone
                  9mm driver units
                  Volume control
                  Miniature connection box
                  Noise Canceler on/off switch
                  Reduces outside noise by 70% (10db)

Comment

found another one http://www.headphone.com/ .

Comment

I think you should buy the Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro. They are around $900 and would sound great with your 8 track player. Could you pick me up a pair also, I will pay you back .........um, soon.
                      You Suck

Comment

Working...
                      X