M1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M1

I finally got my motorcycle license today!!!

After many many years of wanting to get it, I finally learned to ride, took the class, and got my license. Now if I only had something to ride.......

Re: M1

Congats on the new licence. While I can't recommend it as a great beginer bike, I do have a clean '89 CBR 600 for sale for 2K. You would do better on a EX/GS 500 'tho I think...

Re: Crash's bike...
    When I was a kid we would play demolition derby with our BMX bikes and intentionally run into each other for fun. Until I saw that Duc., it never would have occured to me people would intentionaly stack into stuff on a motorcycle...

:P

Comment

Yeah, got pics. here from the original BARF posting but I never made any other effort to sell it so I still have it. I was planning on putting a new rear tire on it and maybe trying to fix the speedo and asking more for it but I'll still sell as is for 2K.

Here's the linky...
      http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...p;pagenumber=1

Comment

I have waxed eloquent in the past on BARF about the GS500 as the best beginner bike in the whole damn world, so I'll spare this forum from the rhapsodic exclamations. But really - the GS500 is low to the ground, easy to ride, has all the power you need to start and not enough power to really get you into trouble. I LOVE mine! I would very highly recommend it to anyone who's just starting - especially women.

;D

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions....I will definitely keep them in mind. Unfortunately, I have to buy a new car for commuting before I can really look into getting a motorcycle. Guess I'll just keep borrowing the Bandit until I can get something of my own!

Comment

I actually bought my bike for my commuter. I was spending $50 to $60 a week in gas in my truck, now its between $15 to $20 a week. A little suckie in the morning not having a cup holder on the bike for the coffee, may have to revert to camel pack, but lane splitting gets me home alot faster.
            You Suck

Comment

Well, I work in Palo Alto....it's going to be a loooooong time before I attempt 17 on a bike....

Comment

I dont blame you, I dont even do it, I commute south. Its a straight ride, just alot of traffic lately.
                You Suck

Comment

Originally posted by Marra
                  Well, I work in Palo Alto....it's going to be a loooooong time before I attempt 17 on a bike....
                  Actually I disagree on the statement 17 is dangerous. Might sound inappropriate after the event of last weekend but I still think 17 is one safe highway. It is indeed one of the most boring roads you can find, traffic, CHP at every corner, not many beautiful twisities, but it is a safe ride. It is very well signaled and when I was a total beginner i tried to ride just above the speed limit. At no time I got caught over-riding or anything. Go at 60mph most of the time and just take it easy when it is indicated 45 or 40. The curves are long and smooth, not too much tar, easy to anticipate. Only two times when 17 must be avoided are rainy days and black ice nights. I remember going to the dampened spirits or some other ride with the huge signs "BLACK ICE every mile" and it was scary..
                  My point is, on a sunny day, 17 is super safe! As long as you don;t go beyond your own limits. (And that applies to cars, and those stupid SUVs that keep overturning in the same turn every time).
                  PS MY first highway ever was 280 on a 750cc Magna and for about 15 minutes I really wondered what took me to even try!!!!! hahaha

Comment

One thing that nobody's mentioned yet is BAMBI. I'm talking DEER here folks. In the last two years there's been two Vampires involved in a little "bike to body contact" with the local fauna of Hwy 17. In Scotts Valley, on the evening of his birthday, Mike had a deer bolt out in front of his Suzuki GSRX1300 Hayabusa, knocking the animal off into a ditch and sent Mike into a huge tank-slapper, from which he recovered. Over on the other side of the hill, along the Lexington Reservoir, Keith SPLIT a deer in two with his Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird.
                    During the last week I've spotted several deer feeding right along the highway's edge. Keep a watchful eye out for these critters. They could ruin your day, or at the very least your bike.
                    http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Bone
                      I have waxed eloquent in the past on BARF about the GS500 as the best beginner bike in the whole damn world, so I'll spare this forum from the rhapsodic exclamations.  But really - the GS500 is low to the ground, easy to ride, has all the power you need to start and not enough power to really get you into trouble.  I LOVE mine!  I would very highly recommend it to anyone who's just starting - especially women.

;D
                      I agree. I had GS500 for my first bike and it was a great bike to learn on. I had clip-ons which made it feel more sportier and I loved it. If I dropped it(and I did), I could pick it up myself and it was just a great first bike. The GS500F is available now and it is the same bike with a sport bike look.

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit
                        One thing that nobody's mentioned yet is BAMBI. I'm talking DEER here folks. In the last two years there's been two Vampires involved in a little "bike to body contact" with the local fauna of Hwy 17. In Scotts Valley, on the evening of his birthday, Mike had a deer bolt out in front of his Suzuki GSRX1300 Hayabusa, knocking the animal off into a ditch and sent Mike into a huge tank-slapper, from which he recovered. Over on the other side of the hill, along the Lexington Reservoir, Keith SPLIT a deer in two with his Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird.
                        During the last week I've spotted several deer feeding right along the highway's edge.  Keep a watchful eye out for these critters. They could ruin your day, or at the very least your bike.
                        Damn I hate when you r right jason,,,, hahaha Riding on 17 Saturday morning, just into a corner (closing right) before the summit going south, a beautiful deer,,, that was a close one!!!!

Comment

For those that run on Hwy 9, 17, 35 or any other deer infested route, have a look at the latest in electronic countermeasures (MAN I love that word 8))

http://www.homeproductsnmore.com/dee...otorcycles.htm

Comment

For a brief second before I opened that link Jason, I had a vision of you riding down the road being chased by a turkey with your VFR ejecting countermeasure "chaff" from the tail section.

Comment

Hands down, one of the funniest memories I'll have with me for the rest of my life. For those who were there to witness the event, they'll have it too

Comment

Working...
                              X