X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out running the CHP

Santa Cruz Sentinal. June 1, 2004

"CHP officers nab fleeing motorcyclist

A motorcyclist fled at speeds up to 130 mph on northbound Highway 1 about 5:45 p.m. Monday before getting off at Morrissey Boulevard and crashing soon after.
    The chase started at Rio del Mar Boulevard when a California Highway Patrol officer tried to stop the gray Yamaha, which had no license plate, said CHP Sgt. Stephan Seibert.

The rider took off, driving the wrong way on one-way streets, then hit the highway at State Park Drive and headed north, Seibert said.

He sped down the center divider and shoulder to elude officers, left the highway at Morrissey and was caught after speed bumps at Goss Avenue sent him crashing into a parked car, Seibert said.

Gary Brich, 39, of Santa Cruz, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of narcotics and evading an officer, he said.

A helicopter flew Brich to a San Jose hospital as a precaution.

It was the fourth unsuccessful attempt by a motorcyclist to flee officers over the holiday weekend." <----- I Love this part

Memorial day - I arrived right after this happened, talked to CHP, asked if the bike was stolen or something, he said he didnt think so, he said the guy just didnt want to stop, (maybe it was just the drugs thing). What they didnt mention was the CHP who wrecked his car chasing this guy! The funny thing is that this guy would had gotten away with the lead he had on them, but to wreck on those speed bumps - Lame. I use those for jumps!

You Suck
Working...
X