Two year motorcycle journey will end on west coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two year motorcycle journey will end on west coast

Kwinci Lundahl 29, a business major from Las Vegas, Nevada rode her Yamaha Star motorcycle into Kitty Hawk Saturday Afternoon, October 14, 2006 after spending about 40 days on the road from her starting point in New York. A journey that she says is not expected to end for another two years, when she expects to reach her destination in California.
    I was fortunate to meet Kwinci at the Dollar General Store in Kitty Hawk where she had stopped to search for a warm pair of gloves to replace the thin dress leather ones she was wearing. While standing in a long and slow check out line, Kwinci asked me if I knew anything about motorcycle gloves and wondered if the new ones she was holding in her hands would be warmer that the ones she had been wearing. I suggested she buy regular motorcycle gloves from a motorcycle shop; however she indicated they would be too expensive for her. She settled for a pair of brown cotton jersey gloves that could be worn under her thin leather ones whenever it was cold outside.
    Kwinci first began planning for this journey while reading “Long Way Around,” the story of a fantastic motorcycle journey around the world by actors Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman. The two traveled 20,000 miles riding through some of the most extreme weather and terrain in the world. By the time she finished the book, Kwinci was hooked and ready for her own motorcycle journey.

Kwinci purchased her Yamaha in New York on about August 5th. With a limited amount of resources, she established contacts with world wide travel organizations such as couchsurfers.com that connects low-budget travelers such as backpackers, bicyclists, motorcyclists and other adventurers with people willing to let them sleep on their couches for free. With the help of friendly people affiliated with these organizations, Kwinci has journeyed south from her original starting point in New York, visiting areas near and in Washington DC, Richmond Virginia, Williamsburg, Virginia Beach and now the Outer Banks.

Her plans after leaving the Outer Banks area are to visit Florida, turn west and journey across the southern part of the US until she reaches the west coast
    Kwinci aspires to be a writer in the future. Her adventures riding the Yamaha across our country should provide a wealth of fertile ground for an aspiring wordsmith to build upon.http://www.kittyhawkfreepress.com/ob...cyclenews.html

Great.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

You should check out "investment biker" by Jim Rogers. He and his girlfriend travel to 6 continents on bikes (some boat/air to handle those pesky oceans).
      "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

Working...
      X