electronic shifter options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronic shifter options

My left ankle has taken a bad turn for the worse latetly after shatering it last Nov. and I worry I may be never able to operate a normal letf hand lever style shifter again so I'm asking you folks about the feasability and or knowledge of elelectroninic push button options. I know they are available on drag bikes and possibly they can be purchased and adapted for normal road useage. I can't get my foot on the raised adjustable afrtermarket peg on my F4i at all and while I can reach the peg on my wifes identicle stock peg bike I can't bend the ankle enough to up shift at all. Any help or suggestions from Moike, etc. would be greatly apprecialed. I am specificaly interestd in electronicc shifters, not cable contraprtions. My future ability to never ride again may depend on this. I don't want expensive high performance drag racincg crap. Just nomamal shift ability Can you nelp a brothah out?

Thanks in advance.
    Goose

p.s. I'd like to give a special shout out to Beau and Keith for going the extra mile for me in my latest time of sufferance, crisis, and personal issues. You know what I mean. Thanks for the support and I love you both. And not a not gay couch kind of way.
    Peace!

It's 1:00 in the A Fucking M and I have the new F.E.A.R. expansion pack. I'm gonna go fuck some people up!
    Last edited by Rotten; 02-03-2007, 11:56 PM.
    "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
    ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

I'm sorry to hear this Lonny.

I'm sure that Mike and Sarah are the experts on the topic, but I've heard a lot about kliktronic shifters. They run about $800, but they're supposed to be very good--actually faster and more reliable than shifting with a perfectly healthy foot.

They're made in the UK, but there's evidently a distributor in Wisconsin.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

I think there is a solution right in your backyard:
      http://www.holeshot.com/

Makers of the Holeshot Electric Power shifter, the Power Shifter 2, the Barrel Trigger up-grade and Dale Walker's patented Electric Power Shifter 3 push button solenoid shifter.

Comment

Have you tried moving your whole leg, taking your foot completely off the peg to shift? I've done it that way for many years, and bending the ankle isn't required. You do have to get at the lever from the side though.

Comment

Working...
        X