Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Track ticket

Hi Folks,

Katie got sent a ticket for blowing through the fast track lane on the Golden Gate Bridge. This was supposedly on her 1973 Honda cl100. She doesn't even have a permit yet. Anybody fight one of these and win? We are working on a letter right now with a pic of our bike including the license plate.

The thing that really gets me is that you can't even see the plate in the pic they sent her.

Thanks
    Shane

If you can't see the plate how did they get a ticket to you?
    I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Thats what we wonder. Its hard not being sarcastic in the letter. There is obviously no investigation going on.

Comment

Wait, the violation notice they sent you didn't have a picture of the bike/plate in it? They're supposed to. Always.

FasTrak is totally automated and makes mistakes all the times (mistaking Q's for O's and such). It's not a huge deal, and you probably won't do hard prison time for it.

My mom used to get violations on her Durango from some random toll road in Los Angeles. TWO letters didn't fix the problem (we kept getting violations with higher and higher penalties on them), but a quick phone call cleared it up in a few minutes. The folks are actually fairly helpful and friendly on the phone, once you get through to a human being.

BTW, here's what a fastrak violation picture looks like....

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Wow, they things you folks make prospects do for a criminal record. Making you violate FasTrack isn't too bad. But making TwoStroke run around with out a spark arrester? rough

Here is the pic they sent us. We have no idea how they got a license number off this. Maybe a random plate number generater? I bet they make a lot of money off lazy people to busy watching tv to write a letter to dispute these.

I'm not worried about hard prison time, its Katie's ticket.

Comment

You haven't told us whether she is guilty or not. I'm guessing from the picture that it isn't her.

A picture of her sitting on the bike taken to court should clear it up athough I fail to see how they can get any conviction based on that photo.
            "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
            ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

She isn't guilty, she hasn't ridden on the street yet, let alone accross the GGB. The only way her CL100 could even make it that far is in the back of my truck.

Comment

Darn outlaw rider's...
                Die trying,trying to Die.

Comment

Has anyone tried that spray on aerosol product that "whites out" your license plate on remote camera boxes?
                  http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
                    Has anyone tried that spray on aerosol product that "whites out" your license plate on remote camera boxes?
                    Mythbusters tried it, as well as a whole bunch of other products. None of them work in the slightest.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Working...
                    X