New bike..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New bike..

It's a long story, so i'll give y'all the condensed version: I bought a new '08 R1.

I need to get in there with some adhesive remover to pull all those stickers off.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

The skank will be jealous. Better keep them separated.
    "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
    ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

I gave the Skank to a friend of mine as a gift for taking the MSF course.. he's now head over heels in love with motorcycles. Hooked another one.

Comment

It's like drugs... the first one's free. Then you're hooked for life.
        Ride More. Bitch Less.

Comment

Hmm. My first bike was free also although I did have to locate all the pieces scattered about the property and reassemble them and get it running first.

It still amazes me how much the CB360 parts I hunted for looked so much like the hundreds of CB350 parts I hunted through yet none where quite the same.
          "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
          ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Epim, I'm pretty sure that you were the one telling me that 1000cc bikes are over kill and I should look into 600s. So, I just bought my first sportbike yesterday, 2002 CBR 600. But you have to go out and get a big one, Whatever, I'll just go buy a BUSA next. Me and overkill can be friends, kinda like when I was a kid and I would shoot bluejays with a 12-gauge.

Comment

hahaha, having ridden this thing on the street now I can say without a doubt that 1000cc bikes are without a doubt completely stupid. I bought this thing to fit my 6'9" 330lb body, not for the power

Good job on the cbr! Those bikes are pretty rock solid reliable. The only bits that you'll really have to keep an eye on are the cam chain tensioner, stator, and regulator/rectifier. Other than that they pretty much run forever.

Comment

You fucking cracker. Next thing you'll get your AFM license and start racing (and no Vampires will come to cheer you on).

Yes, I'm still bitter.
                Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
                Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
                  I gave the Skank to a friend of mine as a gift for taking the MSF course.. he's now head over heels in love with motorcycles. Hooked another one.
                  Damn now I wish I had sprung for the pho a couple of weeks ago! Congrats on the new bike!

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
                    hahaha, having ridden this thing on the street now I can say without a doubt that 1000cc bikes are without a doubt completely stupid. I bought this thing to fit my 6'9" 330lb body, not for the power

Good job on the cbr! Those bikes are pretty rock solid reliable. The only bits that you'll really have to keep an eye on are the cam chain tensioner, stator, and regulator/rectifier. Other than that they pretty much run forever.

Perhaps you should have gotten a bigger bike. I only say that because it seemed to fit my 5'9" 175lb body pretty well.... LOL.
                    I am just not feeling creative this week.

Comment

Working...
                    X