Techno Thugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Techno Thugs

Just caught a brief news clip which indicated today's outage was a deliberate criminal act. Hang the fvckers up by their thumbs!
    http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Originally posted by Gromit View Post
    Just caught a brief news clip which indicated today's outage was a deliberate criminal act. Hang the fvckers up by their thumbs!
    when the phone lines are down 911 is inaccessible. If anyone died because of the lack of emergency support -- those responsible should be charged with murder.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

what happened?
      being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. that is why god made fast motorcycles.

makin love dont make it love.
      -johnny paycheck

Comment

And that mother fuckers, is why I always have cash on my person or stashed within reach. Couldn't charge your latte to your credit card today?
        TOUGH SHIT BITCH!!

In other news. My wife works at Dominican Hospital and guess who had some fucktard design their internal server system to be reliant on outside net access?

DING! DING! DING!

Sorry Mrs... Uh , I mean miZZ shitalotzki but you are now a widow because all of Dominicans computers crashed and all surgeries were cancelled but thanks for playing!

w00t!
        "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
        ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2344762,00.asp

by Mark Hachman
          A fiber optic cable apparently owned by AT&T was unexpectedly cut near San Jose Thursday morning, knocking out telephone and data service to homes and businesses in Silicon Valley. AT&T and local police now suspect that the cable cuts were a work of vandalism. The cable and networking giant said it expects to restore some service later on Thursday.
          AT&T confirmed the cable cut via Twitter, noting that the outage impacted customers in the San Jose and Santa Clara areas. That, of course, is Silicon Valley, home to numerous tech firms and organizations, as well as consumers.
          What's significant is that the outage covers both landlines and cellular service, meaning that some residents will be completely cut off. That means that 911 emergency services may not be accessible to some, and residents will need to drive themselves to a hospital or a police or fire station if they have an emergency, officials told The San Francisco Chronicle.
          The scope of the problem was not known at press time, and AT&T did not seem to know when the issue would be repaired. "Re: CA service outage: We have crews on the scene. More details and repair ETAs will be shared as soon as available," AT&T tweeted via its Twitter feed.
          Later on Thursday, AT&T said that it was working with authorities on what it characterized as an act of vandalism. Four cables were cut on Monterey Highway north of Blossom Hill Road in south San Jose, police Sgt. Ronnie Lopez told SFGate.com, and two more were severed in San Carlos.
          Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T Wireless customers were also affected, SFGate reported.
          The Bay Area's CBS5 station also chimed in with its own report, claiming that "Landlines, cell phones & Internet service down in Morgan Hill, South Santa Clara, San Benito & Santa Cruz," the news station tweeted. "AT&T cites fiber optics issue."
          At least one business has been affected: 12seconds.tv, which was scheduled to launch Thursday, has put its official announcement temporarily on hold while AT&T works its problems out.
          "CA customers: We apologize for any inconvenience this morning's service outage has caused," AT&T added. "We are working on a repair."
          Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
          Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten View Post
            In other news. My wife works at Dominican Hospital and guess who had some fucktard design their internal server system to be reliant on outside net access?
            Heads should roll, no hospital should be designed that way. Fuck, I wouldn't let that kind of shit happen at work, much less a place where lives depended on it.
            "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

I'm not shitting. All internal net communications crashed. Doctors couldn't order a fucking aspirin unless someone was physically dispatched to get it. That means Sterile Processing where my wife works couldn't access the list of surgeries and get the carts ready. No patients that had scheduled surgeries could be called so they waited for them at the front door and told them to go home. Not only that, surgeons were showing up to perform said operations and were also told after they got there to go home.

They were PISSED!

Emergency measures were enacted and Sheriffs were dispatched to all on call faculty members where they were awakened at 3:00 AM and told to go to work.

For no reason.

Because everything was canceled.
              Last edited by Rotten; 04-10-2009, 08:54 AM.
              "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
                when the phone lines are down 911 is inaccessible. If anyone died because of the lack of emergency support -- those responsible should be charged with murder.
                What's really interesting to me about this is that ATT (and others) use redundancy in their fiber plant to avoid this exact situation. Who ever did this knew exactly which fiber bundles to hit at two different locations (or got VERY lucky) to overcome the redundancy routes...

Also, the FCC fine to a telecom for a 911 outage is $10k per second of downtime (not couting previously scheduled and approved maintenance windows). ATT will likely get a waiver from the FCC on this one since it was a criminal act that took them down.

My money says it was a disgruntled former employee that cut the fiber bundles. (inside knowledge of redundancy routes)

Comment

Originally posted by 9rPilot View Post
                  My money says it was a disgruntled former employee that cut the fiber bundles. (inside knowledge of redundancy routes)

Ditto. Fucking tiny minded idiots on the local talk radio insisted it was a terrorist attack designed specifically to isolate Santa Cruz so they could rob all the banks.

Yes that's right. Everybody knows all the Jew gold is located in Santa Cruz banks.

sigpic

Comment

Ditto. Fucking tiny minded idiots on the local talk radio insisted it was a terrorist attack designed specifically to isolate Santa Cruz so they could rob all the banks.

Yes that's right. Everybody knows all the Jew gold is located in Santa Cruz banks.

Wouldn't they have silver since it's God Friday?
                    "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

Phuc ewe Lawny, don't you belittle my people!
                      http://www.jamescornellfund.org/

Comment

Just tell us which bank the gold is in and you won't get hurt.

sigpic

Comment

In the world I see... you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
                          --
                          Keith Seric Maynard
                          http://www.seric.com

Comment

Originally posted by seric View Post
                            In the world I see... you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying strips of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway.
                            You rode a motorcycle from NYC to Chicago damnation alley style?
                            "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

never forget Robert Paulson
                              SETHZILLA!

"American by birth, CALIFORNIAN by the grace of God!"- Me

-" I am not leaving the forum, because it's my ultimate intent to drive the rest of you off so I'm the only one left.
                              "- Ziad

Comment

Working...
                              X