Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLB Syndrome

2 lean 2 long 2 late, too bad.">
    ">Damm that is a big piston.">found that someone was here before me and name the same?.">Pissed?.
    Last edited by twostroke; 08-12-2009, 04:12 PM.
    Die trying,trying to Die.

(Top pic) Those rings look like they're practically heat welded to the piston.
    (next pic) OK, rings are springy on at least part of the piston.

Cylinder doesn't look too badly scored, can it be honed or will you need to bore it out?
    "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

Hey, CAN you bore out a cr500? cr525? Does anyone make an aftermarket oversized head for this bike? That would be awesome. By awesome, i mean 'insane'.

By 'insane' I mean 'awesome' again.
      "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Why would you need an oversized head? Not like it's that hard to do the machine work on the current one to make it work better with a larger bore.

You can get a .25 or .5mm over piston from Honda, I'm sure larger options are available from other sources.
        Originally posted by the_grinch
        ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
        Originally posted by Beauregard
        give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

I've got a turbo from an 82 seca turbo kicking around. Overbored + turbo CR500 = FUCKING AWESOME?
          "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Wiseco has all the pistons you need
            "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Originally posted by epim View Post
              I've got a turbo from an 82 seca turbo kicking around. Overbored + turbo CR500 = FUCKING AWESOME?
              good luck turboing a smoker
              ‎@Thatch-you sound just like an old athlete that can't face the fact that his best years are behind him. Josh would crash on the way to your funeral just to take that pin off your corpse.
              give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
                good luck turboing a smoker
                Why would this not work (in theory)?
                Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
                Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Originally posted by beauregard View Post
                  Why would this not work (in theory)?
                  you end up blowing the charge out the exhaust port.

Comment

There are turbo charged two strokes, they have exhaust port valves to limit the blowby issue that junkie mentioned

However, those motors are fuking super expensive and needlessly complex for very little performance gain.

The only turbo two strokes that I have ever heard of being feasable are the giant two stroke diesel ship motors
                    "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

Comment

Originally posted by the_grinch View Post
                      There are turbo charged two strokes, they have exhaust port valves to limit the blowby issue that junkie mentioned

However, those motors are fuking super expensive and needlessly complex for very little performance gain.

The only turbo two strokes that I have ever heard of being feasable are the giant two stroke diesel ship motors
                      Oh don't get me started:0.

Comment

Originally posted by the_grinch View Post

there are more reasonably sized two stroke diesels as well - ever hear of a "4-71" or "6-71" blower? that refers to the blower for two stroke diesels with 4 or 6 cylinders of 71 cubic inches each. There were also plenty of other sizes made, those are just examples...

however, 2 stroke diesels are completely different than 2 stroke gas engines - they roughly resemble gas engines in that they are overhead valve engines, so yes they actually have valves.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
                          there are more reasonably sized two stroke diesels as well - ever hear of a "4-71" or "6-71" blower? that refers to the blower for two stroke diesels with 4 or 6 cylinders of 71 cubic inches each. There were also plenty of other sizes made, those are just examples...

however, 2 stroke diesels are completely different than 2 stroke gas engines - they roughly resemble gas engines in that they are overhead valve engines, so yes they actually have valves.
                          Yes they do, and what does the 6-71 do on these diesels?, most twostroke's have Exhaust valves.

Comment

The blowers on 2 stroke diesels are to blow the fresh air in, similar to how crankcase pressure does on a gas 2 stroke.

I'm not sure I'd say "most" either - and it's a very different type of valve than 4 strokes have, while a 2 stroke diesel head looks similar to a 4 stroke head.

Comment

Originally posted by twostroke View Post
                              most twostroke's have Exhaust valves.
                              Yes...but those are power valves that give the engine variable exhaust port dimensions

The exhaust valves I was refering to were tried on gasoline turbo two strokes and used to completely shut the exhaust port in order to prevent blow by

Comment

Working...
                              X