Leather Jacket - recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Jacket - recommendations

I am considering upgrading my jacket and looking for real world input from real world riders. I currently have a Joe Rocket that has all the good features, but the fit is a little off and I want something a little nicer.
    Required features:
    Leather!
    a little ventilation (this is not a warm weather jacket) but not perforated
    Quality construction
    a bit of collar (not the racer hole!)
    armor in the right spots

I like the looks of the A* GP plus, Icon daytona, or similar.

All recommendations and feedback welcome.

I am a size 42, so if anybody has an example that I can try on, even better!

Vanson.

Find one on Ebay, you're like a 42 right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vanso...Q5fMerchandise
    Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
    Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

Vanson or Rev-it. Both quality brands.
      "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Vanson used, I find them overpriced new. And I've always been happy with everything I've gotten from Dainese. Although it's difficult to find understated stuff from them nowdays.
        --
        Keith Seric Maynard
        http://www.seric.com

Comment

At lunch time I tried on a Shift and an A-star. Both felt noticeably better (without back to back comparison) than my current leather. The problem with ordering something on ebay is obvious, you don't know how it is going to fit unless you have tried on a similar example.

Comment

If you love broken zippers and split seams, then definitely go for Alpinestars.

"Far be it from me to question your stupid civilization or its dumb customs."—Philip J. Fry

Comment

Sweet A-Stars it is......n't!

Comment

I can't tell you how disappointed I am with my Vanson. I wanted one for years, I hate it.

I will never buy an A* product again.
                "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

You can try on my 42 Vanson.
                  Cashing Satan's checks with my dick in my hand.
                  Sometimes you gotta fuck a guy up and sometimes you gotta drink some chocolate milk.

Comment

my BF has been in three minor accidents in his Fieldsheer gear, and is still wearing the same jacket. Rides every day, has had it for years, and still looks new. Cheap too.

I have a POS jacket, so I can't give you primary advice, but his Primary Advice is trustworthy. :-)
                    sigpic

Originally posted by epim
                    Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
                    The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Comment

I would also point out, whatever jacket you buy make sure it fits a Forcefield back protector. Best back protectors ever!
                      --
                      Keith Seric Maynard

Comment

Absolutely! I have been intending to pick up an insert size one for my current jacket.

Newenough sells a Joe Rocket branded one for $81 for the B shape that usually goes for $90+.
                        Last edited by moto4fun; 04-17-2010, 09:03 AM.

Comment

I have found Vanson's to run a size or two smaller than other brands. I have a summer perforated 46 you can try out that's like new.

While I love the quality of the leather they use the fit is horrendous. Neither sleeve will zip all the way closed shut due to the stupid rolled edge design they use and the jacket tends to unzip itself at the neck for no reason. The leather is beautiful but stiff and poorly cut for a lounging or riding position making it uncomfortable pretty much all the time wile allowing wind and rain to enter easily. I won't buy another Vanson jacket.

Best jacket I ever owned hands down was the Hein Gericke made First Gear S-Pilot which they cut off f me on the side of the road. Great jacket. Great fit. Perfect armor placement. I dunno if they still make them But I definitely want another.
                          Last edited by Rotten; 04-18-2010, 09:10 PM.
                          "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
                          ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

I loved my Hein Gericke / First Gear Stealth which I gave Adrian.
                            --
                            Keith Seric Maynard

Comment

Originally posted by seric View Post
                              I loved my Hein Gericke / First Gear Stealth which I gave Adrian.
                              Currently loving it, good fit. Held up well in a get-off last Oct.
                              I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Comment

Working...
                              X