Highway 9 Closing just outside of town for 3-5 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highway 9 Closing just outside of town for 3-5 months

Looks like Highway 9 will be closed in June just north of the Masonic lodge for a boatload of repairs. Caltrans estimates 3-5 months. The article says that southbound bus traffic is unaffected so maybe it's just the norhtbound lanes.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_15120502
    I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

"But Micah Posner, head of alternative transportation advocacy group People Power, hopes the route becomes popular with walkers and cyclists who rediscover it without cars and push for closing it permanently. Then, he said, it could become its own tourist destination.
    "They're going to walk their dogs there, they're going to ride their bikes there, they're going to take they're kids there, and they're going to enjoy it," Posner said"

Not with a bunch of Vampires ripping down the middle of it. "Road Closed" signs apply to cars. Not me.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Pedestrian safety rail? I haven't seen more than a handful of people stupid enough to walk Lower 9 since '77 and I'm pretty sure they were all from Florida. Time to get a dirt bike and start using the railroad tracks again.
      "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
      ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X