Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news, Mr. Grinch

http://cmgonline.com/content/view/2676/51/

This might delay the production of US Highland motorcycles in the US a bit.

US highland executives killed
    An American motorcycle company that had just opened a research-and-development and manufacturing plant in Oklahoma has lost its leadership in a plane crash.
    U.S. Highland , which this spring announced plans to increase its workforce by 10 times and build street and off-road motorcycles for the American market, is the U.S. branch of a Swedish company that has built motors and motorcycles for years, but has always been a small player. With its entry into the United States and the formation of U.S. Highland, the company planned some big moves and some interesting bikes.
    But on Saturday night, company president Mats Malmberg, 41, chief operations officer Chase Bales, 51, and chief financial officer Damian Riddoch, 37, were killed when the twin-engine Cessna 421A they were flying in crashed as they were returning from Detroit.
    Bales was apparently flying the plane, and requested an emergency landing at the Tulsa, Oklahoma, international airport shortly before the plane went down in thick woods in a park near the airport.
    "They were all true visionaries and will be deeply missed," said Dr. Steven A. Moell, the company's chief executive officer.
    Malmberg, who died in a Tulsa hospital, was a former pro motorcycle racer. He moved to Oklahoma two years ago and brought the company with him.
    U.S. Highland will name their replacements today. The cause of the crash is unknown, but the National Transportation Safety Board has an investigator at the scene.
    "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Yea, I heard. This might be the end of Highland as a seperate entity. Talk is, a "global motorcycle manufacturer" was already looking to buy their motors; they just might be purchased whole at this point.
    "We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"

Comment

Working...
    X