Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Rig Crash : Beer Crisis!

Big-rig crash blocks Highway 17

SCOTTS VALLEY -- A big rig hauling 40,000 gallons of beer ran off the road and crashed into the embankment on Highway 17 on Thursday morning, overturning its trailer and stalling southbound traffic for hours, the California Highway Patrol reported.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci_15971910
    I've got your mother's maiden name tattooed on my arm...

Local members of E Clampus Vitus were on the scene to properly document the event.
    "Mathematics are the result of mysterious powers which no one understands, and which the unconscious recognition of beauty must play an important part. Out of an infinity of designs a mathematician chooses one pattern for beauty's sake and pulls it down to earth."

Marston Morse

Comment

I came around the corner to deal with this right after jumping a deer carcass. It's been an exciting day.

Pro-tip: When a car runs over a deer and leaves its carcass right in front of you: Giggle and pin the throttle. It was awesome. Totally worth the blown fork seal.
      "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

Friends don't let friends use Masterlinks, right?
        sigpic

Originally posted by epim
        Vampires MC. We ride motorcycles. We ride motorcycles fast. We're a family. We know where to hide the bodies.
        The_grinch: "Yes, I love colic and rectal thermometry."

Comment

" Hatcher did not know what type of beer was in the trailer or if the entire shipment was a loss."

Well at least somebody had the good common sense to ask but isn't the brand usually painted down the side of the truck?
          "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
          ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten View Post
            " Hatcher did not know what type of beer was in the trailer or if the entire shipment was a loss."

Well at least somebody had the good common sense to ask but isn't the brand usually painted down the side of the truck?
            It was just a big cargo container. So whatever it was it spent some time on a ship or train.
            "I love Satan and speedmetal" - Dylan

Comment

hmmmm. Bootleg.

My favorite.
              "Through the course of my life, I've spent most of my money on motorcycles, drinking, drugs and chasing wild women. The rest of the money I just wasted."

I am the chosen one, the mighty hand of vengeance...
              ... sent down to strike the unroadworthy!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X